What's new

Rhinoceros XR Swiss Blades?

These are surprisingly not terrible. Only 2 shaves in but at least on par with Derby as far as face feel. We’ll see on longevity- still other blades I’d rather have in close price point though.

Very funny. Again they mix up Switzerland with Sweden. Switzerland has very few mines and is Swiss steel is not really considered as top. Bogus blade!

I have used them and I like them. I get around 8 great shaves per blade in a DE89. They are uncoated so need a couple of shaves to really smooth out. They don't suddenly stop working....they just gradually fade away while remaining smooth to the end.
The 74 is nothing to do with Personna. It is the Chinese way of describing the format of the blade. 74 is DE and 77 is the long Barber razor blade

Without coating aren't blades that rust easily?
No. It is still stainless steel and you should have no problems with rust before you bin the blade from dulling. The coatings are added to make the blade glide better and thus feel smoother to the user.

No. It is still stainless steel and you should have no problems with rust before you bin the blade from dulling. The coatings are added to make the blade glide better and thus feel smoother to the user.
......and the coatings on the edges wear off quickly with use

10211D4B-01BB-479C-B53B-173A87972D76.JPG

I used one this last Saturday. I picked up 200 from Aliexpress recently. After one shave I'm intrigued, but I need to use it quite a bit more. My SLOC makes a lot of medium-tier blades seem better than they really are, so I have to be careful after using a new blade in it.

Thank you! I was asking to see the blade because I don't trust buying blades on Aliexpress very much.
One of my last purchases I bought one or two packs of Feiyu blades, as soon as it was time to open them I immediately threw them away.
But these Rhinoceros blades seem reliable or at least usable.

Top Bottom