What's new

Red Breast

Life went from good to great when I discovered Red Breast about 6 months ago.

I have always been a fan of scotches, but could never get into Irish Whiskey, until the Red Breast 12 ended up in my house. I take it neat with soap stones....so smooth! My wife, who rarely drinks liquors even loves it.

Just curious what others thought about Red Breast.

I discovered it about five years ago in a blind taste test at our local "whiskey" event. It is one of the finest single pot still Irish Whiskeys. I have been singing its praises on this forum for quite some time and I am thoroughly glad you enjoy it.

I love it so much i tell everyone about it and ask every bar/restaurant if they have it. I wonder how the 15 and 18 compare? Have you had it?

I love it so much i tell everyone about it and ask every bar/restaurant if they have it. I wonder how the 15 and 18 compare? Have you had it?

I have had the 15 and did not notice a profound difference. Perhaps a little more smoothness throughout which is generally the case with greater age as I see it. If you can get it, try Yellow Spot or Green Spot for the sake of comparison. I find a lot of folks who don't normally enjoy whiskey enjoy RedBreast as you mentioned in the case of your significant other. RedBreast is what I like to call a "dessert" whiskey. Great anytime, but especially after a meal with its nutty vanilla notes. For the uninitiated I do not mean it is overly sweet like an Amaretto or traditional liqueur, but those in the know I believe understand the reference.

Last edited:
Red Breast 12 is awesome. I have a friend who travels to Ireland on occasion for business. I always have him bring me a bottle.

I absolutely love the Redbreast 12. IMO, better than the similar Pure Pot Stills like Green Spot (lighter) or Powers Johns Lane (spicier). I feel that this is a bottle I need to have on hand at all times.

Last week I was able to acquire a bottle of the RB Lustau Edition, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Really looking forward to it.

I absolutely love the Redbreast 12. IMO, better than the similar Pure Pot Stills like Green Spot (lighter) or Powers Johns Lane (spicier). I feel that this is a bottle I need to have on hand at all times.
Last week I was able to acquire a bottle of the RB Lustau Edition, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Really looking forward to it.

Redbreast 12 is a fantastic whiskey! However, for those of you that enjoy RB12, try the Cask Strength, much more full bodied. Yellow Spot is another very solid Irish whiskey, mmmm.

Top Bottom