What's new

Recommendations for purchasing European Bath Soaps in the states.

I would like to try some quality European bath soaps and looking for suggestions about sites with good selection and prices in the states.
Would like to try some savon de Marseille brands, Italian brands such as Nesti Dante.

I would like to try some quality European bath soaps and looking for suggestions about sites with good selection and prices in the states.
Would like to try some savon de Marseille brands, Italian brands such as Nesti Dante.
Amazon.com carries a wide range of Portuguese soaps from Ach. Brito.

I can recommend their Musgo and Patti as well as Luxo Banho and Claus Porto/Musgo Real product lines.

Yes, Amazon does allow so many soaps to become readily available. I like Speick as well as Pre De Provence (so many great offerings, such as spice, or lime zest). They also have Aleppo soaps which work nicely.

I'm a huge fan of olive oil based soaps. I even shave with them 90% of the time. Amazon sells numerous brands of Savon de Marseille, Aleppo, Turkish, Greek, etc. If you want certain brand recommendations, let me know. There's only a few soapmakers that are allowed to use the Savon name but that doesn't stop numerous people from claiming their soap is a Savon soap.

Don't forget "true" African Black Soap, either. That is slowly becoming my favorite soap. Ose Dude is a brand on Amazon that is fantastic and not harsh on the skin like other brands. ABS is a whole different ballgame, though. Read up on it ahead of time and see if you want to try something like that.

There are many French Shea butter tripled milled soap brands in the US. The most obvious being the aforementioned Pre de Provence.

The Portuguese brands are great as are several Italian brands...

20230625_201230.jpg

I second checking out Smallflower, which is the online store for Merz Apothecary in Chicago. I used to live around the corner and they focus on providing high quality European apothecary items. Their soap selection is impressive (lovely shave store too!).

Top Bottom