What's new

Recently closed eBay razor auction, what happened?

V

VR6ofpain

I think it would be cool to keep track of some auctions, after they have ended of course, that you were watching but found went a little too high. I have been posting some after they end on different threads, but this one was the most recent. I thought it might go under the radar, but guess not.

Item=130130897356

I figure the gold Fat Boy and Senator pushed this one up.
proxy.php
proxy.php

More than I would have paid, but looks like some nice ones. Logic doesn't always apply in these auctions.

Norm

I was just about to ask about that one.

I've seen Gold FB's not sell for $37 lately (give a look here... second time it's been listed). I've seen those black adjustables go for about $20. The Senator, no idea, but not that much. The adjustable, ~$15. Techmatic, nice, but I don't see a market. The rest of that auction doesn't seem to hold much worth, so I can't understand it.

Fritz, I saw you put on a $32 and I egged you on to go higher... really-- what if that fatboy you just won happens to spontaneously combust?

But who here is morzsa? I want to know what makes you tic... uhhh, bid.

And Gabe, good idea. I've seen it a couple times (think I started one myself) and it's always a learning experience.

I also thought this was intersting, given the recent $180 toggle fiasco.

Oh, and this was my score of the day! Lol-- that won't happen again!

yeah, that's a lot of money, but then again I've never seen a tuckaway in that good of condition...

Actually it's not a tuckaway, it's a NEW De Lux model. The tuckaway is a travel sized razor, wheras these are regular size. Last fall you could pick these beauties up for $10 apiece on ebay, I didn't realize their stock had raised so much since then.

Fritz brought up a good point about this auction. If you look at the bid history, you'll notice that the winner placed his bid on the 8th, yet I distinctly remember that bid coming in during the last 10 seconds. Is there some secret official ebay sniping service that I've never heard of? I know for a fact that Fritz put that bid up before the $88 bid.... what gives?

Fritz brought up a good point about this auction. If you look at the bid history, you'll notice that the winner placed his bid on the 8th, yet I distinctly remember that bid coming in during the last 10 seconds. Is there some secret official ebay sniping service that I've never heard of? I know for a fact that Fritz put that bid up before the $88 bid.... what gives?

I'd still like to know the answer to this if anyone has one.

On the auction that is listed at the top of the thread I think it's the Regent Tech/Senator pushing this lot up and not the FatBoy. I've seen Regents go for the price of this lot alone. All a bloke would have to do is part with a few of the razors in this bunch at a decent price and you've made your money back. The RT was the only reason I was watching this one I can tell you.

V

VR6ofpain

Seems someone took notice of this Sheraton! It jumpped over $30 in the last ~30 seconds!

Went for $51 at closing. Pretty high considering it may be broken:
"I cannot seem to get it open ,the screw mechanisim totally unscrews"

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I was also watching that one. I decided it wasn't worth the risk. Last week, I received a british FTR that was completely stuck (the seller didn't mention that, maybe he didn't know himself, because he was selling his collection). I soaked it in mineral oil, no movement. I tried to lift the doors, gently at first, then gradually applying more force. It started to move. Then the handle suddenly came off. Luckily, I managed to put everything back together again, without any apparent damage. I'm now shaving with it. But 51$ seems a bit OTT.

I was also watching that one. I decided it wasn't worth the risk. Last week, I received a british FTR that was completely stuck (the seller didn't mention that, maybe he didn't know himself, because he was selling his collection). I soaked it in mineral oil, no movement. I tried to lift the doors, gently at first, then gradually applying more force. It started to move. Then the handle suddenly came off. Luckily, I managed to put everything back together again, without any apparent damage. I'm now shaving with it. But 51$ seems a bit OTT.

Came off? :eek: How do you mean? And it went back together? I thought the Flare Tips were riveted inside the handle. You say frozen, it wasn't sealed with Loctite was it?

PM the Ebay auction link to me if you don't mind as I wish to see that seller's ID.

That was the third Sheraton in the last ten days or so. It was also the highest priced. I like the open comb models but I'm not really into collecting to preserve the razor. I use mine. That price was a little too high.

Rick

That was the third Sheraton in the last ten days or so. It was also the highest priced. I like the open comb models but I'm not really into collecting to preserve the razor. I use mine. That price was a little too high.

Rick

Rick, not really and I have seen them go for higher than that. Right now the early open combs like the RT/Senators, the Sheratons, and a few others are at a premium. That razor would have gone MUCH higher if it had not had the TTO defect I can assure you.

Mark,
I don't remember seeing the added pictures or that the razor wouldn't open. I probably added it to my watch list when it was first listed and never reread the description.

Rick

Top Bottom