What's new

RazoRock R-160, I'm in love.

Just got my order from Italianbarber.com, and I'm super pleased with the results! The R-160 smell is great, and the slickness of the lather gave me my finest shave to date with my Super Speed. I also picked up the aftershave wax, which performed really well also. I couldn't resist buying a couple of colognes to get up to the free shipping amount, so I got the Razorock Sandalwood and Lily of the Valley. They are both great too. Anyone who hasn't tried these products, or the site, I highly recommend them.

I'd also be interested to hear other people's impressions of the R-160, and would love to hear from someone who can compare it to Cella. I'd like to know the differences. Thanks!

I have not tried either, but from my understanding r-160 is pretty much a remake of P-160 that is a lot like Cella only smells less clay-like. Glad to hear you had such a good shave, I will have to add it to my list of things to try!

Love the RR line, I have XXX, King Louis and KL balm and and artisian soap too. Getting some more on the way from a BB sale. Based on all the info out their on XXX being ADP exactly I bet R 160 IS P160 by the same makers re-packaged but I am only speculating.

I just bought what is probably one of the last 125g chunks of P.160 from IB, but I should've known that someone would take a shot at replacing such a classic soft soap. I have to try it!

And can anyone compare R-160 to P-160 and Cella?

In order of I'd take to a desert island it's P-160, Cella and then R-160. R-160 is an excellent soap and I'll definitely be buying more once I run out but for me it's not in the same league as P-160 and Cella.

I am a big fan of R-160 - I used it today. This is a very high quality product that ranks up there with Cella and Vitos. Like the OP said, it is very slick and provides a thick cushiony lather (assuming you don't add too much water). I've wondered where the love for R-160 was for some time now.

I am working through my large pile of soaps 3017-style. Right now, I'm burning through a tub of IB's R-160.
I was not lucky enough to try the original P-160 or the new P-160, but I somehow ended up with R-160, which is presumably inferior to the new P-160.
If so, then the new P-160 must be truly awesome, because R-160 is WONDERFUL. I usually make superlather, but there is simply no point with R-160. It is so thick, slick, and protective that it needs no help from anything else.
Clearly, I need to get some of the new P-160 ...

There is an R-160 soap. I bought it last year before P.160 was re-released. I was never very impressed with it. I actually use it just to wash my face.

Now P.160 is awesome!

The Story of P-160 was that their was an Italian Company that made P-160, or more specifically there was one many who worked for this company who made P-160. He was the only person who made it and he as old. As things go, the P-160 soap maker passed on. His company either didn't know how or didn't want to continue making the soap.

Joe and Michael of Italian Barber had been importing P-160 by the pallet and selling it to wet shavers. It was their second product offered after their original RazoRock Alum (hence the name). When they heard about the end of P-160 production, they bought up as much as they could and started to put Italian Barber on the map.

Now you know the rest of the story.

The Story of P-160 was that their was an Italian Company that made P-160, or more specifically there was one man who worked for this company who made P-160. He was the only person who made it and he was old. As things go, the P-160 soap maker passed on. His company either didn't know how or didn't want to continue making the soap.

Joe and Michael of Italian Barber had been importing P-160 by the pallet and selling it to wet shavers. It was their second product offered after their original RazoRock Alum (hence the name). When they heard about the end of P-160 production, they bought up as much as they could and started to put Italian Barber on the map.

Now you know the rest of the story.

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing. I really like almond-scent products because they smell good and never irritate my skin.

I suppose the current crop of P-160 is reverse engineered. Or maybe IB bought the recipe ...

Top Bottom