What's new

Razor Polishing? Maas?

I used Eagle One Nevrdull on a few this week. It's the wadded up stuff where you tear some off. Had it in the garage already from polishing some things on my truck. Worked well on some nickel plated TTOs as well as my "New" and New Standard gold razors.

I used Eagle One Nevrdull on a few this week. It's the wadded up stuff where you tear some off. Had it in the garage already from polishing some things on my truck. Worked well on some nickel plated TTOs as well as my "New" and New Standard gold razors.

interesting- i had inquired about using this product a while back and was advised in no uncertain terms not to use- that it would remove plating? goes to show yah.

Last edited:
I use Mothers on all aluminum products and sometimes plastic. I once used Flitz sampler and it worked great on brass, silver, fiberglass and even plastic. Ive used it on old ever-ready brush handles.

I just spotted some Flitz 3.4OZ Liquid Metal Polish for $7.55 shipped on ebay. looks to be on sale for today.*this is not my ad.

interesting- i had inquired about using this product a while back and was advised in no uncertain terms not to use- that it would remove plating? goes to show yah.

I read on here somewhere that somebody was using it on gold razors, that's why I tried it. I used Brasso to remove the little bit of plating remaining on the head and then polished it with the Nevrdull. Used the Neverdull on the handles and didn't seem to remove the plating.

I read on here somewhere that somebody was using it on gold razors, that's why I tried it. I used Brasso to remove the little bit of plating remaining on the head and then polished it with the Nevrdull. Used the Neverdull on the handles and didn't seem to remove the plating.

i guessed i misunderstood, i thought you were using nevrdull for polishing plated/lacquered gold razors.

i guessed i misunderstood, i thought you were using nevrdull for polishing plated/lacquered gold razors.

Actually I did use it on my Gold New Standard, Gold New, and Gold Goodwill. Sorry for the confusion in the last post. I don't know if it removed anything, but if it did it couldn't have been much as they are all still gold.

Well, I should probably send it back out to the garage then. I haven't been able to find Maas or Flitz and had this on hand, that's why I tried it. I'll have to hit some hardware stores to find Maas or Flitz. Thanks for the info.

Anybody else used Nevrdull on a razor? I'll have to see if I can find the post about using it on a gold one. I think it was in the before and after cleaning thread.

I finally made it to the hardware store and found both Flitz and Maas. I went for the Flitz. Almost bought both. Is one more abrasive than the other and more likely to take the plating right off?

Can I use the Flitz on a gold razor if I suspect the lacquer may be gone, or will it take the gold right off with the first application?

I'm venturing to the hardware store first thing in search of either Maas or Flitz.... Local walgreens or CVS didn't even carry any metal polish! Anyone ever tried both with better results with either?

Top Bottom