What's new

Rapira double edge blades going very cheap on eBay.

I'm curious, how does Rapira compared to Astra SP and Personna Lab Blue? Astra SP and Personna Lab are my main blades so I'm intrigued by Rapira because of the price.

Given that the Sputnik is the low end PPI blade in Russia and the Astras are the low end PPI blade targeted to the Mideast, is it possible that one of the Astras (SP or SS) are just rebranded Sputniks?

Today, I would like to inform other forum members about my recent Rapira blades purchase, from ebay member businkaolya. Well, it was a very pleasant experience.
First of all delivery time was fast. On January 3rd 2015 I'd placed the order and got the package a few hours ago. Since it comes from Russia, 23 days for delivery time seems very good for me.
Secondly, and the most importantly for me, was extremely well packaging. All blades, one thousand of them, were securely wrapped with some kind of protection pad, so good as a bomb-proof good. This is the first time I got UNDAMAGED blades from an overseas seller. In the last couple of years I made some international blade purchases, and every time some blades were damaged. Needless to say, it was obviously caused during the transportation. Once, I had to return the blades, how much they were damaged. This time it wasn't happened, blades arrived securely wrapped and undamaged!

Hope, this info, as my personal experience, can help some other forum members.

Finally, I appreciate to"businkaolya" for professionalism, and wish $1.000.000 sales for this year :)))

My order was shipped the 23rd, released by customs the 24th, left the sorting center the 25th and now states that it is in "export of international mail" and this status hasn't changed since the 25th. I assume that it is making its way from Russia to the USA?

I'm hoping that there's no difficulty in the package finding its way to me. I see on the Russian tracking page that the recipient is listed as "Siivald" and my name is actually "Seewald".

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Today, I would like to inform other forum members about my recent Rapira blades purchase, from ebay member businkaolya. Well, it was a very pleasant experience.
First of all delivery time was fast. On January 3rd 2015 I'd placed the order and got the package a few hours ago. Since it comes from Russia, 23 days for delivery time seems very good for me.
Secondly, and the most importantly for me, was extremely well packaging. All blades, one thousand of them, were securely wrapped with some kind of protection pad, so good as a bomb-proof good. This is the first time I got UNDAMAGED blades from an overseas seller. In the last couple of years I made some international blade purchases, and every time some blades were damaged. Needless to say, it was obviously caused during the transportation. Once, I had to return the blades, how much they were damaged. This time it wasn't happened, blades arrived securely wrapped and undamaged!

Hope, this info, as my personal experience, can help some other forum members.

Finally, I appreciate to"businkaolya" for professionalism, and wish $1.000.000 sales for this year :)))

I echo these sentiments with only the following exceptions:

-- I only ordered 200 blades (but they still were packed very securely)
-- I ordered mine on January 10 (one week later), and they arrived yesterday (one day later). Bravo!

So, here's another ringing endorsement for businkaolya!

I echo these sentiments with only the following exceptions:

-- I only ordered 200 blades (but they still were packed very securely)
-- I ordered mine on January 10 (one week later), and they arrived yesterday (one day later). Bravo!

So, here's another ringing endorsement for businkaolya!
Exactly the same from me, coming to Canada! Except I bought 300 Voskhods. I would certainly buy again... except it's going to be a long time before I need to.

I got my blades today, a good deal, hard to beat the variety packs 120 blades should keep me going for a while, not bad on shipping time from Moscow.

I got my 1100 Voshkods a couple weeks ago. Took a week or so longer since they were shipped a week or so before Christmas.

A mysterious package from Russia was delivered to my neighbors. The husband signed for it thinking his wife had ordered it. After she got home, she opened it, to find two bundles wrapped in black plastic. Only then did they wonder what this was and upon looking at the label, saw that it was for me so they brought it over. Can't imagine what kind of drugs or illegal goods they thought I had been sent in this odd packaging!

Seems like I picked a good time to run out of blades, looks like they haven't been in the market very long (at this price).
I love the prices on these sample packs, usually they're inflated to such a price that I might as well buy feathers. The 220 packs are intimidating though, It's taken me almost a year to go through 50 blades, I don't want to commit to 4 years of razors! That's too much pressure!

I went with the more basic sampler 20 each of five types of blades, very manageable, 13.5 cents a blade, it was the quantity and price I wanted.

I received 300 Voshkods that I ordered earlier this month. The packaging was excellent. I had never used a Voshkod blade, but the results of my first shave exceeded my expectations. It was one of the smoothest blades I have used and gave an excellent shave with my EJ-DE89. Twenty three dollars shipped for 300 of these blades is an excellent value.

Ordered 100 Rapira Platinum Lux on 1/6/15. Arrived today 2/2/15. Will have to wait until the Voskhod wears out to try them..

I have ordered a total of 200 Voskhods, 200 Platinum Lux, 100 Swedish Supersteel, 100 Ladas, and 100 Sputnik. That should last me about 5 years...

I placed my order of 100 Voskhods and 100 Rapira Platinum Lux with gordelux04 because they promised a break on shipping for multiple items and they were the only vendor who responded to a pre-order question. Ebay wasn't set up to provide for the shipping discount but as promised, the vendor quickly provided a partial refund so I only ended up paying $6.80 for both items to be delivered rather than $10.00. My order was placed Jan. 18th, shipped on the 22nd and received Feb. 2nd which is a 15 day turn around! The blades were packed securely and arrived in perfect order. I'm very happy with the transaction and the experience.

My razors are in the country :) They've cleared customs and are on their way to my cupboard.
Over all it will have taken about two weeks. Less if they show up tomorrow.

I just tried one of the Rapira blades this morning for the first time.

Wow! what a great blade. Smooth, sharp, I had a very good shave with it.

Now to see how many I can get from a blade.

I just got 200 Platinum Lux blades in the mail today. It took about a month, but the price - $16 for 200 - is unbeatable. What's more, the tucks are individually sealed in plastic. Cool.

$RAPIRA.jpg

I'd be shaving with one right now if I weren't doing the "One Blade in February" challenge.

My order from the Russian Federation just arrived in my PO Box this morning. It took exactly 2 weeks to receive my order. I ordered Rapira Platinum Lux, Voskhod, and a couple of samplers. I ordered from gordelux04 on ebay. I'm very happy with this purchase!

Top Bottom