What's new

Rapira double edge blades going very cheap on eBay.

Today I ordered 100 Platinum Lux and 100 Voskhod for $22.29 shipped to Barrie,Ontario. I also wonder what the gift will be. I hope more blades.

Got my 100 Voshkods today. Ordered on 2/09, so not too long!! I am surprised the DEA did not do a spot check the way they came packaged :w00t:

Regarding the free gift, I believe it is a single Rapira blade or perhaps the cardboard razor display?? Will give one a go tonight.....
$IMG_1275.jpg$IMG_1276.jpg

I think the good deals are going to slow down unless there's another crash in the ruble. The ruble has recovered a bit since last year's low but I've been monitoring some Russian shaving sellers online and the price in rubles has gone up for most PPI and Rapira blades. But the latter haven't gone up as much. That means the dollar price of all Russian blades is higher than a couple of months ago. Not trying to start panic buying. Ultimately, they're still cheaper than a year ago, but I'm pretty sure they're not going to stay at the rock bottom prices Rapiras were selling for a month or two ago.

Just got my samples from Nina Ivanova of the Russian Republic. Not bad 2 1/2 weeks from Moscow Region. 15 each of Rapira Super Stainless, Platinum Lux and Swedish Super Steel. 15 each Lapas Super Stainless. 15 each Voshod Teflon Coated. 20 each Sputnik and 20 each Rapira Super Stainless.

I'll try the Platinum Lux tomorrow since I just finished a pack of Astra sp's. I usually stick with a blade for awhile but I'll try a blade then switch to the next brand/type. Ought to try them all in 3 weeks give or take a few days.

Good service. Good Price.

Got my 100 Voshkods today. Ordered on 2/09, so not too long!! I am surprised the DEA did not do a spot check the way they came packaged :w00t:

Regarding the free gift, I believe it is a single Rapira blade or perhaps the cardboard razor display?? Will give one a go tonight.....
View attachment 553803View attachment 553804

That looks like the package I order once for Voskhod. Sadly, they are not for me so I PIF them to someone else who likes them. It also came with a sample of the other Russian brands which I decided are not for me, mostly since the one that worked had the issue of rusting on me, so I will stick with slightly more expensive blades, not that I need to buy any for a good 20-25 years.... it's funny how fast you accumulate more than 1k of blades.

Thee good news is the Voskhod where not the ones that rusted easily.

I found these very cheap as well. Voskohod, Swedish Super steel and my prefered foil : Platinum Lux all about 10.00 shipped per 100. Fantastic Value. the 200 deals blade sound the go as well. As far as I know these aren't counterfeited as the Feathers often are.

I just got 100 Rapira platinum xc and 100 Rapira sweedish supersteel. Took a while, shipped 1/12 and arrived today, got held up at JFK. Can't wait to use them. Going to use them with my standard razor. I also want to give a thumbs up to unuta77 on ebay. Good prices and always answered my emails in a timely manner. I emailed him a bit with the delay. Package was missing on tracking. Russia said it was exported and USPS said the label was made but not shipped. All came in good condition. Let you know how it goes with the blades.

Cheers

That looks like the package I order once for Voskhod. Sadly, they are not for me so I PIF them to someone else who likes them. It also came with a sample of the other Russian brands which I decided are not for me, mostly since the one that worked had the issue of rusting on me, so I will stick with slightly more expensive blades...

Sorry to hear they didn't work out. I'm anxiously awaiting my Rapira Platinum Lux and some Voshkods... If they don't agree with my face, it should be easy to find someone who will enjoy them. But that's part of the fun, right? Try and see why works and what doesn't.

I ordered a 120 blade rapira sampler from an ebay seller and the blades were here within a 3 week timeframe...very good!

I ordered 3 of the 120 blade sampler and it also arrived within 3 weeks. Tried the Sputnik today as my very first Russian blade. Very happy with the results so far.

I recently ordered 100 of these. While I can only get 4 good shaves from each blade, they are smooth and sharp enough for me when using these in an adjustable razor like a Fatboy or Slim.

I had a great experience with a 120 Blade sampler sold by gordelux04 on the 'bay...package took approx 3 weeks shipping time from Russia, but the blades were wrapped...now to try to pick a favorite!

Top Bottom