What's new

Random thought of the moment

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have to admit, since I started on a new way of eating back in the middle of January, food isn't as important to me as it once was. We eat well... but low carbs. My body is thanking me... my taste buds still miss desserts...

Thankfully, bacon is on my approved list. <eg>

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
The food for sure!
Not a fan of zucchini either!
My friend, my wife is trying to keep me alive I'm afraid.

She started substituting ZUCCHINI for noodles in goulash!

Interesting fact: zucchini is a natural source of SODIUM! Doctors recommend it for folks with issues with their adrenal glands.

If you ever feel brave, eat a chunk of raw zucchini. Has absolutely no flavor. Strangest thing.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'd eat it.

It'd have to make raw cabbage taste better too!
Lettuce is one of those foods I don't "get".
Ok, I can see it in a salad I guess if you don't have spinach or some other delicious greens, and in a salad, the best I can say for it is as a convenient item to hold the salad dressing while I eat it - but on a sandwich, or worse - on a burger all soft and wilted and greasy? Nope.
When I have a BLT, it's actually just a BT. I leave the lettuce off.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Lettuce is one of those foods I don't "get".
Ok, I can see it in a salad I guess if you don't have spinach or some other delicious greens, and in a salad, the best I can say for it is as a convenient item to hold the salad dressing while I eat it - but on a sandwich, or worse - on a burger all soft and wilted and greasy? Nope.
When I have a BLT, it's actually just a BT. I leave the lettuce off.
100% agreement my friend! Lol, I passed it on to my son: he orders his Tacos at the Bell without lettuce.

I read somewhere that you burn more calories eating lettuce than you get from it....

So..... SCIENCE proves you right!

It also proves I need to get off of the "see food" diet and switch to the "lettuce" pray diet!

392be8dbbb1d6f74631b45dcf5dfe544.jpeg

Top Bottom