What's new

Random thought of the moment

I haven't seen a thread like this on the site to this point, so I thought I'd get one started and open a thread for the random thoughts of the moment for the many personas gratas on the board. *hears the sound of a certain box being opened...*

Here are the rules: post whatever random thought that you're having at the moment (or perhaps a moment from earlier in the day?). Whatever the thought is, post it. As always, board rules of decorum and gentlemanly conduct apply. If your random thought doesn't make the cut...think again! Feel free to set up the thought to give it a context or a set up if you need to do so.

Wait a tick...the random thought thread idea was itself a random thought which I decided to post in my new random thought thread...inception overload...

My random thought to start:

*In reading various MMA articles, I came across Ronda Rousey's group of female fighters that are collectively referred to as the Four Horsewomen, after the long standing Four Horsemen group of wrestlers in the NWA and WCW.*

"Hmmm, so Ronda Rousey is obviously Ric Flair in this grouping...so which one is Arn Anderson? Further research is needed."

If I started a slinky moving downward on an upward running escalator, what will happen? Will it keep bouncing downward forever, much as I did when I fell down the same escalator?

I often see the world through rose colored glasses, at least in the mirror. I never considered myself a fat person but if I'm honest with myself and face the reality of my numbers, I am fat! : (

Why are apartments called so when they're nailed together side by side and top to bottom?

Reactions: Anu
I bought my first set of cross country skis, 23 years ago, at an awesome local sports store that is now a photocopy center.

I just lost the game. For those that aren't familiar, here are the rules from wikipedia:

There are three commonly reported rules to The Game:

1. Everyone in the world is playing The Game. (Sometimes narrowed to: "Everybody in the world who knows about The Game is playing The Game", or alternatively, "You are always playing The Game.") A person cannot choose to not play The Game; it does not require consent to play and one can never stop playing.
  2. Whenever one thinks about The Game, one loses.
  3. Losses must be announced. This can be verbally, with a phrase such as "I just lost The Game", or in any other way: for example, via Facebook. Some people may have signals or expressions that remind others of The Game.

Once, I had a chemistry teacher in high school who looked and sounded just like Lucille Ball right down to the fire engine red hair. She really didn't like it when I popped into class after lunch and called out in my best "Ricky" voice: "Lucy, I'm home!" I think I lost a letter grade over that one. However, she kept a close eye on me later when the daily bonus question came out asking "What does TNT stand for?" and I knew the answer. I got the letter grade back I think, but no more bonus questions involving explosives came about. It was probably for the best. A lecture on the inner workings of C4 probably wouldn't have been well received.

If Friday does, indeed, come before Monday, is Mars really the "Red Planet", or have dinosaurs mastered the art of ballet?

Top Bottom