What's new

Race To The Finish PIF Part Two. Choose Your Cream!

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I'll tell a story to move the thread along.

Saturday evening I had the worst shave I've had since I started wet shaving. We're remodeling the master bath, so I had to move to one of the guest baths to shower and shave and get ready to go to my nephews birthday party. Normally I shave with a straight, but since all my gear was put away I grabbed the mongoose and tossed in a new blade. Took my shower and when I got out realized I didn't turn the exhaust fan on. Mirror was soaked and I couldn't see anything, but I was rushed and went for it. I used valobra shave stick, goose with new feather pro blade and a chubby 1 in best. It was literally bad from the first stroke. I'm not sure if it was a bad blade (I need to Loupe it and see) or what but after shaving my face felt like i had a major sunburn, and several people at the party commented on how red it was. I've not shaved since because I wanted to give my skin time to heal, but I'm going to try it tonight with a straight and see if I can get this straightened out.

I'll tell a story to move the thread along.

Saturday evening I had the worst shave I've had since I started wet shaving. We're remodeling the master bath, so I had to move to one of the guest baths to shower and shave and get ready to go to my nephews birthday party. Normally I shave with a straight, but since all my gear was put away I grabbed the mongoose and tossed in a new blade. Took my shower and when I got out realized I didn't turn the exhaust fan on. Mirror was soaked and I couldn't see anything, but I was rushed and went for it. I used valobra shave stick, goose with new feather pro blade and a chubby 1 in best. It was literally bad from the first stroke. I'm not sure if it was a bad blade (I need to Loupe it and see) or what but after shaving my face felt like i had a major sunburn, and several people at the party commented on how red it was. I've not shaved since because I wanted to give my skin time to heal, but I'm going to try it tonight with a straight and see if I can get this straightened out.

If you wanted to move the thread along, I think you could have broken that story up into a few more posts :whistling:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
If you wanted to move the thread along, I think you could have broken that story up into a few more posts :whistling:
Lol. Here's a follow up just for you. :tongue_sm
Just shaved with my trusty Boker and the shave was sublime. Then I took the blade out of the goose and louped it and sure enough, it's all jacked up. I tried to take pics but couldn't get it to show up. That's the first bad blade I ever got from a feather super pro.

Good morning everybody! Who's excited to shave today? I know I am. My Futur is arriving.

What blade should I try? My sampler has:
Crystal Super +
Shark Super Chome
Shark Stainless
Astra Platinum
Astra Stainless
7AM Platinum
SHARP Stainless blades

Good morning everybody! Who's excited to shave today? I know I am. My Futur is arriving.

What blade should I try? My sampler has:
Crystal Super +
Shark Super Chome
Shark Stainless
Astra Platinum
Astra Stainless <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
7AM Platinum
SHARP Stainless blades

Sharp and smooth! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom