What's new

GIVEAWAY! Newbie Only PIF TRIO - CONUS - please read.

NEWBIE PIF GROUND RULES:

This is for CONUS new wet shavers only.
A good rule of thumb is that if you have been wet shaving for a year or more consistently, you are no longer a newbie.

A newbie that hasn’t started yet but is committed to starting soon would qualify for this PIF.

If you already have a bunch of shaving stuff and especially some or all the products listed here
, I will ask that you gracefully pass on this PIF and leave it for folks that have not built up their little shave corners/cabinets/dens/etc.

CONUS = The 48 Continental United States. Unfortunately, I cannot ship internationally, no exceptions. I’m not a vendor with a merchant shipping account and need to keep this as easy and cost effective as possible.

Although it is possible to enter this PIF for more than one package, in NO CASE will someone be able to receive more than one package. So please keep that in mind. Also keep in mind that some folks may not be able to use tallow, so if you can use tallow, I would ask that you gracefully pass on the veggie soap/cream package (package number 3).

Everything here is unused. The purpose is to help new wet shavers get started, not to flip anything on eBay or the BST. If you do try it, I will know. If you end up not liking a product, that is fine, just pass it on to a friend or another newbie wet shaver. Setting something aside and coming back to it a month or two later may be helpful for some folks.

Note that when you are starting out, all products have a learning curve. We have tutorials here for hard milled pucks and shave sticks. Those will take more work to use than a soft cream or soft artisan-style soap. Again, tutorials and practice lathering are recommended.

PACKAGE NUMBER ONE: Two Vintage Tallow Based Hard Shave Soaps.

-One puck of vintage Williams, the kind that actually lathers properly. Pre- “slick willy” era.

-One puck + bowl of Victor Collection shaving soap.

-One 5 pack of Tatra Platinum Blades, plus additional random blades

PACKAGE NUMBER TWO: Vintage Tallow + Veggie Combo Pack

-One La Toja Shave Stick

-One puck + bowl of Victor Collection shaving soap.

PACKAGE NUMBER THREE: Veggie Cream and Stick Combo Pack

-One tube of Proraso Sensitive Shaving Cream

-One La Toja Shave Stick

HOW TO ENTER THIS PIF:

-Read the rules, and say “I’m in” and mention what package(s) you’re interested in.

-Post a random 4 digit number

-At the end I will randomize all the entries and select winners. Anyone that didn’t read the rules will be disqualified and the PIF will go to the next person drawn and so on.

-This PIF drawing will end on Monday November 20th at Midnight EST.

Going to extend until Tuesday at Midnight EST. If there are any newbies lurking, now is the time to enter.

Reactions: Kix
Not a newbie so not in, but those are great packages. I really like Tatra blades, and while I haven't used Williams or LaToja, I have heard great things about both. I also haven't used Proraso White, but I really like Proraso Green so there's no reason to think that it wouldn't be great.

Newbies, don't hesitate to enter and then enjoy!

Not a newbie so not in, but those are great packages. I really like Tatra blades, and while I haven't used Williams or LaToja, I have heard great things about both. I also haven't used Proraso White, but I really like Proraso Green so there's no reason to think that it wouldn't be great.

Newbies, don't hesitate to enter and then enjoy!
La Toja is awesome. I got a stick of the current formula for myself too and shaved with it the other day. So I can give these sticks away in good conscience that the product is still good even though it was changed several years ago from the old sticks I know.

The Proraso Sensitive I have not used in a long time. I had it jar form, but I think Proraso in the tube is better. But anyway it's more mild than the heavily mentholated green, or "classic". I figured it would appeal to the most people, so it was the best choice for a PIF. IIRC it was introduced right before Proraso really started expanding their line. Now they have scents that were never offered years ago, including some that are exclusive to their site. I haven't tried those yet. I do have a blue tube to try soon.

Williams was a decent soap before the company changed it somewhere along the line. From that point onward, it was basically a non-lathering soap that would only work if you soaked the living crap out of it and made a pasty goop to spread on your face. That's the "slick willy" version. The vintage puck here is the good stuff prior to all that.

I was able to try the Victor Collection shaving soap last night. WOW! That lathered up very fast! It took hardly any effort. No real scent that I could detect. Just a good soap. Thanks! @cvac
Glad it worked out for you. That soap is several decades old, so whatever scent it had is long gone. You can see my old thread on it here with some pics:

Top Bottom