What's new

Questions eBay makes you wonder:

A simple ebay search for the words 'straight razor' yields 13,750 listings as of 11:15 this morning however 98% of them are "very RARE" LOL

I think that some people realy do think that a broken rasors have value , and they think as antiques . They try to sharp some pensils with them and break the blade bad and after try to sell it , thinking that is some treasure .
They realy think crappy old strops are working and ok.
But the worst type of sellers are those that are resealing things with a monsterous prise , whatever if some fish take the bait , ok if not ok. They have no scrupule of seling broke or false things , and post pics that are not real or that hide the defect of the thing .

I wonder how many "rare vintage not fatboy slim Aristocrat super speed tech comb ?" models I would find if I had the inclination to look?

The only real selling complaint I've had recently was when I was selling a standard sized barbers hone. They're like 5-6"x2" pretty much always. Easy to see from pictures if they deviate from that.

Anyway.

I get a question asking for dimensions. I respond to him, with the dimensions, and also add the question/response to the listing.

A day later the same guy asks again. Again, I respond to him with the dimensions.

Then before the auction ends, two other people ask me the dimensions, despite the fact that they are now in the listing.

Really makes you wonder.

When it added things in the browser such as the questions answered and when you edit a auction that already has bids it doesn't show up on the eBay phone app.

When it added things in the browser such as the questions answered and when you edit a auction that already has bids it doesn't show up on the eBay phone app.

Oh man, their mobile site really sucks bad! Can't stand it. I always tick the "request desktop site" in my browser settings when on mobile.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Get em while they last

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 57
Sorry this is no Coticule or Escher stone, this is an big JNat sometimes called Suita, can`t you see the Su holes?
Very good price for that size.

Lol, I like the built-in elevated honing platform! Must have taken quite some interesting geology to sediment that way! =) I also didn't notice before that it was a magic (MAGIQUE) stone! And is diaman what I think it might be? Diamond grit dispersed throughout the stone as well? Outstanding. That is a grail stone right there, lol.

Last edited:
LOL @ all the above. I saw that "coticule" the other day. Made me crack up.

There are some nice razors on the bay I would buy if the people didn't want $300+.

I guess they don't know you can get a custom or like an Iwasaki for that. No thanks random sheffield blade in ugly new scales.

LOL @ all the above. I saw that "coticule" the other day. Made me crack up.

There are some nice razors on the bay I would buy if the people didn't want $300+.

I guess they don't know you can get a custom or like an Iwasaki for that. No thanks random sheffield blade in ugly new scales.

It always blows me away to see a rusted blade with a large chunk missing (rendering it useless) and broken scales for a BIN or opening bid of $125+.

Top Bottom