What's new

Put me in the right direction?

I currently use an Edwin Jagger pure badger brush. I'm happy with it's lathering capabilities and was good value for money at the time of purchase.
I'm now ready to get myself a new one and i'm not sure where to start.

My main issue with my current brush is how sharp the tips are, it's uncomfortable to lather with and irritates me no end. I use soap more than cream, but sometimes switch back for a change.

What would you reccomend?

Savile Row 3XXX series. Works great with soaps and creams and the tips as as soft as a baby's behind but with great backbone.

Savile Row 3XXX series. Works great with soaps and creams and the tips as as soft as a baby's behind but with great backbone.

Not sure if he can get Savile Row in England, I may be mistaken as I have only dealt with Charles once.

How much are you willing to spend? This will help as the replies are gonna be from about a $40 brush up to a $200 brush. Do you face lather or bowl lather? Just fill in the specifics so the knowledgeable may help.

Last edited:
I've moved towards face lathering now with soaps. Cost wise i'd like to see the full spectrum, but obviously i'd prefer to keep the cost low.

What grade of brush should i be looking for? does anybody make pure badger with the ends natural, not cut?

Hell, I still love my Kent blk4. Im sure you can get that in England. Mine does awesome with soaps and creams. It's been my go to brush for 1 1/2 now, but with the arrival of my savile row 3824, its got competition now!!

Nothing wrong with higher end badgers, but a quality broken-in boar will give you very soft tips and plenty of backbone for face lathering at a fraction of the price.

Top Bottom