What's new

Proraso Green soap

If you love Proraso Green you owe it to yourself to try Catie's Bubbles Mile High Menthol. In my opinion it is a much improved version and leaves my face feeling softer and better than even the Proraso.

If you love Proraso Green you owe it to yourself to try Catie's Bubbles Mile High Menthol. In my opinion it is a much improved version and leaves my face feeling softer and better than even the Proraso.

Been wanting to try Caties for a while now. Went with Stirling instead and am very very happy with it. Definitely will give Caties a try eventually though.

Raven Koenes

My precious!

I wouldn't mind trying it, but the Italian Barber sells Proraso Green for 6 dollars for 150 ml tub and that is a great bang for the buck. So is Van Der Hagen...with that I like the scented luxury. Might try Arko at some point. My wife gets me a tub of TOBS for birthday and Christmas. Unfortunately I am allergic to the almond in Cella.

Maybe Prorasco is a different and rare cousin of Proraso? :wink2:

Proraso Green is nice but I couldn't stand the heavy menthol every day. After a couple days it just gets annoying for me.

I know I'm a menth head, but I find Proraso's level of menthol to be somewhere in between non-existent and almost in there.

I know I'm a menth head, but I find Proraso's level of menthol to be somewhere in between non-existent and almost in there.

Not sure if it has changed in different releases, but I agree that the menthol in Proraso Green is extremely mild.
I do like the eucalyptus and overall is a pretty decent soap.

Not sure if it has changed in different releases, but I agree that the menthol in Proraso Green is extremely mild.
I do like the eucalyptus and overall is a pretty decent soap.

I have not tried any other menthol soaps/creams.. Care to suggest some very strong ones?

I have not tried any other menthol soaps/creams.. Care to suggest some very strong ones?

I'm sure you will get a ton of feedback on this, but if you are looking for a strong menthol soap, I would suggest one of the Stirling Glacial soaps. I have Glacial Wintergreen and I personally would not want anything stronger. Margaritas in the Arctic is supposed to be more moderate, but I have not tried it.
You can also use something like M-Bomb or other menthol infused drops to add to any lather you want. I made my own with some essential oil and menthol crystals.
Lots of threads on menthol soaps and aftershaves if you are so inclined. :osage:
Enjoy your menthol journey!

I don't mind Proraso - it does lather a treat to be sure. The only thing is I have to work harder to clean my razor and sink afterwards. It seems to leave some kind of a persistent haze on bright work when I use it for some reason. I live on the coast and the water is plenty soft so I am not understanding why this is.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I don't mind Proraso - it does lather a treat to be sure. The only thing is I have to work harder to clean my razor and sink afterwards. It seems to leave some kind of a persistent haze on bright work when I use it for some reason. I live on the coast and the water is plenty soft so I am not understanding why this is.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I noticed it with Cella in my brief stint love affair with it before it lit my face on fire (allergic). Maybe that is common with Italian soft soaps?

I personally don't like it, perhaps the reason being that I can't stand menthol. I tried the red one, and it's fine. I tend to prefer more natural and less industrial products, but man, for less than 2 Euros you can't go wrong. That's the thing about Europe, you can find a decent shaving cream in a local store for just a few Euros. :thumbup1:

As said before, anything Stirling Glacial, OR "Iced" or "chill". Also Margaritas in the Arctic is pretty awesome. Stirling Rosemary Mint is not menthol, but mint, is awesome, and a bit milder than the others. Nuff about Stirling.

Chiseled face Cryogen will pretty much eat your face off.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Just shaved with Proraso Green Pre-shave cream and Proraso green shave soap which lathered up great and felt really good. Afterwards my skin felt great. Good enough to where I felt I didn't need to apply my homemade everclear, witch hazel, glycerin, jojoba, lavender/peppermint aftershave I make. I put some of my aftershave on anyway and there was no sting what-so-ever. I don't mind homemade or more natural products, but I must admit the industrial products as far as shave soaps and creams go are pretty darn good, work very well, and are cost efficient. Most artisan soaps can't compete with that and have to charge more. For me the artisan soaps are a nice little treat if they come my way being a slightly different flavor from my regular go to...not better just different. Just my thoughts and it's all good.

Chiseled Face Cryogen. That stuff has menthol crystals on the surface when you get it. It's nice to uber with eucalyptus cream too. The Cryogen AS will bring tears to your eyes.

Chiseled Face Cryogen. That stuff has menthol crystals on the surface when you get it. It's nice to uber with eucalyptus cream too. The Cryogen AS will bring tears to your eyes.

Cyrogen is the highest concentration mentholated soap made. It is not for everyone. It will make your eyes tear and snot run out of your nose. It's awesome. Probably not an everyday soap though. There was one soap close to Cryogen called Yeti Snot but it is no longer made. The next step down is Stirling Glacial, then QCS Vostok. I agree that what makes a mentholated soap more enjoyable is if you match it with your pre-shave and aftershave. For example; Proraso pre-shave>Cryogen>Cryogen or Fine Snakebite AS>444 balm. That is sort of an extreme example but it is a lot of fun. A milder mix example would be; Proraso>Vostok>Myrsol Antesol>Proraso Balm.

Top Bottom