What's new

Problems with heavy growth

This has worked for me, and might be worth a try.

For your first pass use your DE to get rid of the heavy growth. Then your next pass and any others will be very easy with your straight.

If your razor has a good edge, it should mow through a heavy beard like it wasn't there.

Well I think it is more technique than anything. I have put some very keen edges on my blades, but if Kent or Scott can get it even more keen I am all for trying it out :)

Thx Drybonz!

Jon

Well I think it is more technique than anything.

If that's the case, play with your blade angle a bit... if your angle is too shallow it's not going to cut well... if it's too steep you will cut yourself. You want to find the sweet spot in the middle.

Guillotine Strokes. Plowed right through it!. I had a nice stubble this morning. Only one problem.....to much pressure and a few nicks. going to be hard balancing it out, but with a sharp blade and a guillotine stroke my whiskers never stood a chance.

Jon

Last edited:
I definitely agree with this. I'm a new straight-shaver and tend to take a great deal of time for a pass, so I usually need to refresh the lather once or twice during a pass. Besides, I always have more lather than I need, so this way none goes to waste!

No one ever said you have to finish a pass before relathering.

Top Bottom