What's new

Post Your Pictures: Japanese Razors

Hi! New to the forum and still a straight newbie. Got this from eBay recently. Very pleased with it so far.

YSS Triumph

$IMG_2983.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
YSS is good stuff!

I have collected pairs off and on, so here's to 'double your pleasure, double your fun'!

King Pelican 14s
Tanifuji Silver Steels in ivory and black horn
Manaslu M-500s (YSS steel)
Manaslu M-55s
Tanifuji Spaldings

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $DSCF2139.jpg
    $DSCF2139.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 107
  • $IMG_2156.jpg
    $IMG_2156.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 108
  • $IMG_2298.jpg
    $IMG_2298.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 110
  • $IMG_2555.jpg
    $IMG_2555.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 106
  • $DSCF2138.jpg
    $DSCF2138.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Steve56

Thanks Scott,

It's taken quite a while to put even the meager collection I have together, some are more common than others, but when you want a pair in good condition, that complicates things. Then there are the unicorns, at least in good condition.... I'd love to have another of the Hayashi 8000s in the same condition.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $DSCF2089Sm.jpg
    $DSCF2089Sm.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 101
YSS is good stuff!

I have collected pairs off and on, so here's to 'double your pleasure, double your fun'!

King Pelican 14s
Manaslu M-55s
Tanifuji Spaldings

Cheers, Steve

Dear Sir

Please have another look to check that those King Pelicans do not have CAMBOUIS engraved on them...

C.

YSS is good stuff!

King Pelican 14s
Manaslu M-55s
Tanifuji Spaldings

Cheers, Steve

Wow! Those look amazing!

As a beginner I'm really interested in learning some about japanese razors. Is there any dedicated thread about it here?

//Peter

Here's few of mine I've owned many more and sold many more, these are my favourite I'm especially fond of the HoshiTonbo 6500 first edtion such a super smooth shave wonderful steel like silk passing over my face.

King Pelican full hollow 13/16

Hoshitombo 8000 quarter hollow 13/16

Eiko YSK2 Yasuki steel full hollow 13/16

Gold Rex full hollow 13/16

Tanifiji Fukutaro Cape Kennedy 77 full hollow 13/16​

Iwasaki Half Hollow 7/8​

proxy.php

Maxfli Gold Tanifuji full hollow 13/16​

Hoshitombo fisrt edtion quarter hollow 13/16​

Gyana Biken Osaka quarter hollow 7/8

Steve56

Here's a couple more for the thread. First up is a NOS Hisyakaku 500, probably the closest thing to a Wade and Butcher FBU that came out of Japan. It's a 7/8 near-wedge grind, but the blade is ground so thin at the edge the bevels are almost invisible. It's impeccably ground and finished, a top-notch razor.

Second is a 13/16 half hollow NOS Coral, an extremely nice barber-style razor, meaning it's moderately hefty. And a really great razor.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $DSCF2148.jpg
    $DSCF2148.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 95
  • $DSCF2151.jpg
    $DSCF2151.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 90
Thanks Scott,

It's taken quite a while to put even the meager collection I have together, some are more common than others, but when you want a pair in good condition, that complicates things. Then there are the unicorns, at least in good condition.... I'd love to have another of the Hayashi 8000s in the same condition.

Cheers, Steve
Thats a beauty Steve! I would be happy with just one that nice!!

Here's a couple more for the thread. First up is a NOS Hisyakaku 500, probably the closest thing to a Wade and Butcher FBU that came out of Japan. It's a 7/8 near-wedge grind, but the blade is ground so thin at the edge the bevels are almost invisible. It's impeccably ground and finished, a top-notch razor.

Second is a 13/16 half hollow NOS Coral, an extremely nice barber-style razor, meaning it's moderately hefty. And a really great razor.

Cheers, Steve
Yep I am so envious Steve. Congrats on a stunning collection sir!

Top Bottom