What's new

Post Your Pictures - Framebacks

My first, and so far only frameback: 6/8 C.V.Heljestrand with horn scales

proxy.php

Nice razor! If you are only going ot have one, that is the one to have!

Nice razor! If you are only going ot have one, that is the one to have!
It sure is!

Dare I call it one of the best-shaving razors ever made? Yes I do :biggrin:

Agree! Swedish framebacks are some of the best razors I've ever used. Speaking of which I need to get my one (or 5:blush:) swedes cleaned up and honed.
You better get going Joe or I'll come over there & get them myself.
They deserve to be used :w00t:

I have that exact razor...only I dropped mine and the end of one of the scales broke off. :cursing:
Sorry to hear that, but I'm also glad that it "only" was the scales & not the blade.

I love my framebacks!
All of my framebacks are Swedes, besides one, so I won't post them all, since they are all to be seen in the "Swedes thread"...
But let's start with the Mother of all framebacks, the 8/8+ Joseph Elliot "Patent Frameback"
proxy.php

Then comes a selection of Swedes... If forced to choose, this is my top-3 pick out of the ones I currently have.
Jernbolaget 5/8
proxy.php

Jernbolaget 6/8
proxy.php

C.V Heljestrand 6/8
proxy.php

I have a TI "69" in the mail, it will be really interesting to see how it will hold up against the Swedes!

Swedes and their framebacks :thumbup:

I love my framebacks!
All of my framebacks are Swedes, besides one, so I won't post them all, since they are all to be seen in the "Swedes thread"...
But let's start with the Mother of all framebacks, the 8/8+ Joseph Elliot "Patent Frameback"
proxy.php

Then comes a selection of Swedes... If forced to choose, this is my top-3 pick out of the ones I currently have.
Jernbolaget 5/8
proxy.php

Jernbolaget 6/8
proxy.php

C.V Heljestrand 6/8
proxy.php

I have a TI "69" in the mail, it will be really interesting to see how it will hold up against the Swedes!

Pics aren't the best, but here are mine.
Wade & Butcher
Heljestrand Faux Frameback
Waterville Faux Frameback

Sorry to hear that, but I'm also glad that it "only" was the scales & not the blade.

I certainly am too. I'm thinking about getting it rescaled (in horn of course) this summer when I'm back from school with a job and little more spending money. The worst part of it is the fact that I was showing my dear mother the razor when it slipped out of the envelope and fell on the ground. I thought I had wasted a perfectly good swear word until I saw that it was actually broken. :blush:

Here's a pic of my WB Frameback. So easy to hone and always a pleasing shave - it never fails to deliver. Judging from the amount of wear, I'd say at least one other previous owner agreed.
full

...Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally one of these threads I can post a picture in. Here is my, just arrived and poorly photographed, Deramaix Frameback.

As I make it out...

Le Chef des Tranchants
The Head of Edges
HORS - CONCOURS
HORS - CONCOURS
PARIS - LONDRES
PARIS - LONDON
TERRIERE
Hunting dog that won't quit
ACHEF BOJTO(?:bored:) DEUX - SEVRES

A guess..
The Leader of edges/ Razors,
From the judging
Paris - London
Will not quit
The best of two cities.
And to screw it up further I have a listing of A Terrier Cutlery AkA: Robeson 1910-1916
Respectfully
~Richard

Top Bottom