What's new

Post the Coticule/Slurry Stone combo you'd never, ever, in a million years, sell...

B

bmiller3230

Here is my entry. I bought the coticule as "Select", and the slurry stone I bought at random. But, I would swear they are cut from the same block, their look and characteristics being much the same. Best coticule for razors that I have. I feel no need for the Black Arkenstone after finishing on this.

The hone is only 1.6 inches X 6, but it is my favorite. Very dynamic--meaning great range. Sensitive to pressure. Easy to take a razor from bevel set to a very fine finish on this setup. I only use this slurry stone with this hone. Not sure of the layer. I have La Grise, La Veinette, Les Lat, and I don't think its any of them. Might be LV, if I were hard pressed.

I'll never sell them them though, truly a one hone solution (if you don't count the slurry stone--but I'll never sell that one either).

I did oil them up a bit so the patterns were more visible...

IMG_0781.jpg

I'm looking for an 8x3 to join the ranks currently :( However I do have this 5x2 that is an amazing finisher. Came with a slurry stone but they are both too hard to build a slurry worth using. Normally I use this after the 10k with water only laps. Oil makes the edge go to an extreme level of sharpness but I usually stick with running water.

This thread is definitely not about to help my HAD.
jFyfZRS.jpeg

For the most part, I don't keep stones around for all that long.
Some stay longer than others. My black Ark has been around a real long time but it's more of a pet rock really. I don't think I'd sell it only because it's been around so long and I put so much effort into lapping it.
Otherwise, at some point or another I'd sell anything/everything just so I can get new stuff.

I have a Les Lat hybrid combo now, again, for the 2nd or 3rd time. I've sold it before, will probably sell it again.

They come they go, I'm just a babysitter for the interim.

I'm looking for an 8x3 to join the ranks currently :( However I do have this 5x2 that is an amazing finisher. Came with a slurry stone but they are both too hard to build a slurry worth using. Normally I use this after the 10k with water only laps. Oil makes the edge go to an extreme level of sharpness but I usually stick with running water.

View attachment 1842083
I thought you said you were gonna sell that one to me Christian!!!

Bahahahaha!

View attachment 1842083

Suddenly I'm feeling the desire to go to the fridge and have some of the smoked blue cheese wedge I have in there.

Might have been when that german buyer was on his binge for the ages.. It seemed like anyone with a really deep end stone was getting unsolicited messages to sell stuff.

Top Bottom