What's new

Pipe and pipe tobacco vendor you recommend?

L.J. Perreti's: This place is a classic old-time tobacco shop. Family-owned since forever and expert in all things tobacco. Staggering selection and great custom blends, too. Well worth a vist if you're in Boston anytime -- you can cross the river and hit Colonial Drug right after!
http://www.ljperetti.com/
This may be true but I placed an order by phone the other day and they were anything but friendly, acted like I was wasting their time.

This may be true but I placed an order by phone the other day and they were anything but friendly, acted like I was wasting their time.

Hopefully just an off day for that employee. I would love to hear your impressions on their blends if you purchased any. They certainly seem well-regarded on tobacco reviews.

The base price for an estate pipe from online shops seems to be $40 - $50. You can do _much_ better in an antique shop that doesn't specialize in pipes.

I've seen Peterson, Savinelli, Comoy, and lots of unbranded briar pipes for reasonable prices.

You have to clean them (alcohol is pretty good), and may have to ream them out.

Any old briar pipe, without any filter or "moisture trap" or other geegaw, is likely to smoke OK.

. Charles

Hopefully just an off day for that employee. I would love to hear your impressions on their blends if you purchased any. They certainly seem well-regarded on tobacco reviews.
I bought 2 ounces each of 3 blends, Blend No.333, which is the best Burly I have had and is what sparked my order, Oriental No. 40 and a full English that I can't recall the name of at the moment, if the other two are anything like the No. 333 I will be very happy.

Top Bottom