What's new

Pinaud Vanilla?

It's kind of hard to describe. I don't detect vanilla, at all. Many don't, but a few have said they did. I just find it to be a weak cologne-ey and maybe just a minute hint of floral? It's nice though, and it's nothing at all like the original Clubman. Unlike the Musk, which just smells like a weaker version of Clubman, with maybe a minute hint of musk.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
That's funny, to me it smells sort of like Clubman, but lighter and crisper. There's definitely family resemblance. I do get some vanilla. Vanilla-ish. More Nilla wafer than vanilla extract, if that analogy makes sense. Anyway, it's a great scent. My second favorite Pinaud after Clubman Original.

I will have to echo some of the above thoughts: it's kind of hard to describe. I don't detect vanilla, at all. I enjoy the scent, but this is one scent I cannot put words to ... the "lighter and crisper" statement seems good.

Definitely worth trying.

Reminded me of Truefitt and Hill's Clubman. Sort of like a modern take on Pinaud Clubman, a little younger, more on the aquatic side of things. less fruity.

I had read a review once where someone said it smelled like bug spray. The first time I tried it, I got the hint of it too. Honestly, it doesn't smell like bug spray to me any more, but that first try was almost my last! I like it just fine now though. Some aftershaves take more than one try to fully appreciate, and Pinaud Classic Vanilla is one of them.

I've read that Pinaud's term "vanilla" refers to the colour of the liquid rather than the scent.
Nevertheless I have to concur with the above comments, hard to describe, slightly mossie repellent in an antiseptic kinda way,
I do detect a floral note but can't pin it down. I love using this in Spring !!
$vanilla-2.png

Reminded me of Truefitt and Hill's Clubman. Sort of like a modern take on Pinaud Clubman, a little younger, more on the aquatic side of things. less fruity.

Yep. A definite family resemblance, but Vanilla strikes me as somewhat less floral, more "modern" smelling. Writing about smells is like dancing about architecture.

I've been wanting to try this for a long time but whenever i go shopping online there are just too many choices and it never makes it into the cart.

It was my first clubman purchase and I love it. I definitely feel like the dapper gentleman on the label when I put it on... However, the wife hates it. Also, someone asked me if they could smell the bug spray too when they were near me at work. I still highly recommend it if you are wearing it for yourself to enjoy and do not mind an occasional insult.

There's a bug spray sold here in IA that has vanilla extract in it. Works well on gnats. :laugh:

I'm curious about this AS, but after reading these comments it may be put off... perpetually.

Don't be put off by what others think. You have to try it yourself. I own a lot of AS and Clubman Vanilla is in my top 3 for sure. A very nice scent and refreshing too.

$Mongoose.jpg

Difficult to describe. To me it has little or no vanilla, a lighter version of the clubman variety. I prefer clubman! YMMV, of course!

Top Bottom