What's new

Pinaud "lotion"?

I am wondering about the ubiquitous Pinaud Clubman. I prefer alcohol based after shaves, so I've been meaning to give it a try for a while. I do rather insist on some skin conditioning ingredients, though, because I don't really like having to use a balm after, and otherwise my skin will often get a little dry. Now, the Clubman is labeled "lotion" on the bottle. And I always see people saying how great it makes their skin feel.

But wait. I looked at the bottle the other day, and I see nothing but alcohol, fragrance, and coloring.

Am I missing something? Why do people say this makes their skin feel so good?

-Mo

I am wondering about the ubiquitous Pinaud Clubman. I prefer alcohol based after shaves, so I've been meaning to give it a try for a while. I do rather insist on some skin conditioning ingredients, though, because I don't really like having to use a balm after, and otherwise my skin will often get a little dry. Now, the Clubman is labeled "lotion" on the bottle. And I always see people saying how great it makes their skin feel.

But wait. I looked at the bottle the other day, and I see nothing but alcohol, fragrance, and coloring.

-Mo

Don't have my bottle in front of me, but the bottle I just got last week has other stuff in it as well.

Mo,

I've been wondering the same thing about the Clubman. Some of you may remember taking a vitamin survey a while back for a Walgreens gift card. Well, mine arrived yesterday, so what the hell (?), maybe I'll pick up a bottle and see for myself.

If you don't get a chance to try it right away, I'll let you know what I think, Mo.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Personally, I find the Clubman to leave my face feeling very dry. I don't find it to have any real moisturizing properties. YMMV.

Hi Mo. Well, I have a bottle of the Clubman. To be honest, I think the scent is very reminiscent of Brut and Canoe but superior to each. The main reason I still have the Clubman is because it scents the toilet bowl so well. Sad but true. This stuff burned me like the fires of hades. It is almost all alcohol. It dries the skin too much for my liking as well. There is a reason why it costs about $6 a bottle. I've often wondered if there were a way to take some of this "lotion" and evaporate the alcohol out of it and use the concentrate to scent an unscented cream. It would make a spectacular eye opener as stout as this scent is.

Regards, Todd

Try mixing it 50/50 with Thayers Original WH with aloe...great scent and more moisturizing.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

-Mo

I think they're just happy to be alive after the burn wears off.

I just picked up a bottle yesterday at Walgreens and my initial reaction to the scent wasn't too enthusiastic. For a while, I couldn't place it. Yes it was somewhat similar to Brut, but...more like Johnson & Johnson baby oil. :eek:

The jury's still out on this one.

I use it strait up in 2 shots, 1st shot right after shaving and second shot before I leave the house. btw, the second one doesn't, uhm....invigorate you as much as the 1st. my wife says it smells like Jade East...

I like it, reminds me of my youth...

-Mo

I just looked at it and it has a lot of other stuff in it. The Bay Rum one doesn't, however. That's why I didn't get it. It also smells just like this "cologne" I got at a dollar store. It's called Florida Water. And since the Bay Rum isn't after shave, just a fragrance, and I already have that fragrance, I didn't get it. (Someone had opened a bottle there, so I sniffed it. Good thing, too, or I probably would have bought it.) I got the regular ol' After Shave Lotion, though. I love the smell. I love that it smells like Brut.

M

modern man

I think the alcohol content is strong enough to take a layer of dead skin of to leave you with baby soft skin :thumbup1:

Try it you might like it (I do) :thumbup:

Top Bottom