What's new

PIF: creams +

Never mind, I could not wait. We allowed to list an inventory, or just a teaser of added items? A little bit of Grey Flannel in there that SWMBO approves of. Like it but will leave it. I will be adding a shave stick or two, some metholated Arko ASB, Proraso Red tub, a Sterling puck, some Mennen AS splashes, add to the two nice blade assortments, and two razors to add to the one there.

$image.jpg
Current situation for the box above, to include my additions, behind the spoiler box.

Shave 1, Friday, in a bit of a hurry: Wilkinson Sword blade (3rd shave) in the generic Soviet bloc Gillette OC clone using the Kiehl's cream, finish with Aveeno ASB. Kiehl's is okay with a somewhat generic scent, and lathers better than Derby or Arko creams but not as good as Cremo. Not much cream experience besides that! Anyhow, lather was a bit underwhelming so I used the cream dollop to superlather on my MWF puck. I should superlather more often. The Soviet razor is very light, and a mild shaver, and I am adding it to the box for others to try. I was curious about these behind the iron curtain Gillette clones. It would play better with an Astra. No irritation for a two pass shave, Aveeno ASB is good and has ben added to my list for my next run to Target.

Shave 2: Saturday, midmorning, after unpacking some boxes and crushing 150 or so cans.

My ATT Kronos R2 baseplate, Astra (Shave 2), and I will finish with Old Spice Classic. But, to focus on the box--
Used Derby Lavanta today, good performer (add water, then add a bit more) with adequate lather for 2 1/2 passes. The ATT is one of the more aggressive razors I have but performance of the cream was not an issue in terms of protection. Wife approved of the scent, which has the lavender component but is much subtler than the Veg and has some other floral notes, and 'gingerbread and orange peel,' per SWMBO, who may just have been hungry, YMMV. Worked well with the OS new formulation, which is good because I like stuff that plays well with the OS splash.

OS bottle goes in the box for the next guy to try, because if you haven't tried the new formulation--it isn't better but is still one of my favorite budget options--you should probably do so. Tomorrow, I will try one of these pre shave oil packets, because I never have used a preshave product before.

Top Bottom