What's new

Philadelphia Pen Show, January 16-18, 2015

Just ordered a #25 should ship next week!!!

Tom

So you were the one! :wink:

As it happens, they did not have any 25's at the show. Instead, I opted for their brand new #20. It's never been released before, and won't fully ship for a couple of months. I will post pics later, but it is made from acrylic with a slip cap and has a curvier form factor to the Edison Glenmont. I got mine with a medium steel stub nib. It writes as smooth as butter.

i did get the J. Herbin 1670 Stormy Grey, and picked up a large pad of Rhodia 1945 paper (90 lb weight), a Leuchtturm White Lines notebook, and a Rhodia large meeting book.

there are a good number of vendors on site, and a very nice selection to choose from.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sounds like a lot of fun gents! Don't forget a photo or two of the show ...

Hey Bob, should have said something...

Franklin-Cristoph booth was nice, their pens look better in person than on the web. Got to drive the Music nib. It was..... biiiig. I like my Platinum's more but I can see another FC joining the stable, probably a Stabilis deskpen. The slipcap was nice but I don't know if I could fully trust it.

One thing I noticed is that there are a lot of guys named Richard into pens. ;)

I picked up a can of Ink Nix. All I really needed. Wanted to pick-up the new Marshall/Oldfield Repair book but no one had it.

No pics because I left the real camera at home this week and the iPhone's battery died.

I slipped over when I could, and was in and out in a half hour. It was impossible to schedule this year.

Note to guys going this weekend, it was damn hot in the room. So be prepared to check your coat and dress appropriately.

owell, maybe next time. i'm in philly for work occasionally, maybe we can meetup for a drink and chat pens or razors or coffee or some other gentlemanly indulgence (AD :lol:)...

and yeah, it was hot in the rooms.

I came, I saw, I purchased!

Just two pens this time. :001_rolle A Black Sheaffer Connaisseur and a Bexley Owner's Club LE 2009 in Black & Blue swirled Ebonite. Also a couple bottles of ink, some micromesh pads, and some note pads. Details will be posted in the January Acquisitions thread.

I'm sorry to say I didn't take any photos. I only had my iPhone with me and I was so wrapped up in trying to make decisions on those pens, that I totally forgot about it!

It was a good crowd...plenty of vendors, plenty of cool pens, plenty of (paying) customers, and some excellent deals to be had. Sorry we weren't able to meetup with any B&Bers, but there's always next time.

Top Bottom