What's new

Pelikan Wanderlust

I thought I typed in it today, must have turned my phone off before it went through... lol I have the thread saved for the record, but thanks for popping it up for me though

:( no sightings yet, am getting worried

5:30 (Well almost) and no box,... man even a box will stand me up these days .

hope it didn't esplode

Last edited:
Man Whoever sent this box to me, sent it bloody UPS, them and fedex are such horrible companies for home delivery around here I probably would have opted out If i knew that, specially since I am going to get slammed with a 15 dollar brokerage charge for my free participation lol

not to mention they were asked to re direct the package to my work, of course after they were asked and delivered to my house is when we all find out they cant do that

for the record for my American friends,... if your shipping something into canada use USPS/CAN Post as they are the best option, for one if your not home when they try they take it to a local office you can pick your item up at after work, and second they only charge you fees if customs charges you fees, none of this brokerage bull that I have to pay cause someone else decided to use them but now the box im supposed to ship out tuesday and have all weekend to do this thing up with, wont even come until tuesday since monday is a holiday here, and ill have to try to bang this out in a night or two after work

$20131015_181019.jpg

So the cat and I sat around discussing what paper to use, what pen, what do I write
$2013-10-15 19.21.02.jpg

This is what the box had for me,... Simple and elegant in its packaging, shame we dont get to keep it
$2013-10-15 18.10.58.jpg

This is in part what I am up against, after some back and forth with the Cat...
$2013-10-15 18.13.33.jpg

I think I have settled on this Life paper with the Pelikan, although I do have the CH912 loaded as well
$2013-10-15 18.18.25.jpg

Guess Ill see what happens when I begin to write my letter,.... Funny enough, there is a little dopp bag inside, shame to let this pass onto the next person without passing something along with it

teeheehee

Excellent

I need to find a sticker for the box!!!!!

But paper choices I have it a little easier and I have my pen picked out... so I think I will just sip some beers while I wait ;)

And we have our first sentence written,.. heres hoping things continue this smoothly

$2013-10-15 23.41.31.jpg

My deepest apologies to Doug,... It couldn't be helped
I went with the FA nib as it showed off the ink better

Great choices on the pen and paper. Wow, your writing is fabulous. I'm anxious to see the rest of the letter. Glad you got the box even if it took a while.

Thanks Padre, I really had to step up my game after that whole video thing you put out there. Actually in all seriousness a few short (Long really really long) months ago my handwriting was nowhere near looking like that, I didnt sit down and really practice it I just made sure when I wrote I put more focus on making it nicer. Then I began to play with dip pens, as much as FP's will make a better writer out of you with how you grip and the pressure you use, Dip pens are less forgiving to technique and train your hand quite a bit

$2013-10-16 22.17.53.jpg

I want to cry.... look at this, Ive had it happen before, everything was going so well then this. I think what happens is my hand resting on the page leaves oil behind and when I get to writing on it I get this,... Man Ive been offline all night rushing to get this out and what a mess, this is heart breaking

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I sometimes use another piece of paper to rest my hand on, otherwise ... you know.

Looks really, really good James!

Top Bottom