What's new

Parker 26C

Sigh, you guys have me all hopped up on this razor and I am on sabbatical.

Don't worry...they'll still be there when you got done with the sabbatical...and it'll be all the better with the wait...until then, you can live vicariously through us!....and I bought this one right before the GRU Summer sabbatical started...a moment of weakness before the battle of will power started!

Fourth shave with the 26C tonight. I took the Semogue 1800 and whipped up some thick lather right on the Arko puck. I did my standard 2.5 pass shave, finished up with the alum and splashed on some Florida Water, and achieved my best result yet. I would say I'm BBS everywhere. One small spot of irritation on my neck/jawline but that's because I lost my grip (not due to the razor, but due to having surgery on my elbow, forearm, hand, and two fingers), and dug in a little.

So four shaves in and I have no doubt that this is a keeper. I would say that this might be the best value on the market right now (at least of what I've tried). I'd still recommend this razor to anyone. Even the long handle is growing on me.

I agree...my second shave with the 26C today was great....3 passes and some touchups....Noxema as a preshave for each pass and these are truly some of my best, irritation free, and smoothest shaves to date...granted, my technique has gotten a lot better since I started with OC's but this razor is a definite keeper for me....maybe its a YMMV thing, but it has easily moved ahead of my Premax/FaTip grande

I've been using this razor exclusively since I received it. My next shave, I think, will finish off the Med-Prep blade I put in it to begin with. Unless something goes incredibly wrong, this razor will be put into my rotation with my other razors. I'm going to use my iKon Deluxe OC right after this razor and see what kind of direct comparison I can make. I have a sneaking suspicion that this razor will be able to hold its own against the much more expensive iKon. If Parker decided to make this razor in an all-stainless version, I'd be first in line to buy it.

I used my Parker O.C. the last 8 shaves and I still have a love affair with it. Last night I used a vintage Gillette NEW LC I just had plated. So I was pretty excited to try it. It shaved nice but I thought a little too mild. I think the Parker O.C. hits the sweet spot, for me anyway.
It is going to be my go-to razor for awhile.

Last edited:
I've been using this razor exclusively since I received it. My next shave, I think, will finish off the Med-Prep blade I put in it to begin with. Unless something goes incredibly wrong, this razor will be put into my rotation with my other razors. I'm going to use my iKon Deluxe OC right after this razor and see what kind of direct comparison I can make. I have a sneaking suspicion that this razor will be able to hold its own against the much more expensive iKon. If Parker decided to make this razor in an all-stainless version, I'd be first in line to buy it.

Let us know how the iKon OC compares to the Parker.

First shave with the Parker 26C, with a fresh Med Prep, my go-to bade. Whipped up some Stirling Electric Sheep, and had a great smooth shave. Not the closest shave I ever had, but I usually use a Weber PH. Give me a few more days to get familiar with this razor and I will re-post my results.

I was going to order one from Phil but I found out that a friend has a bunch of them coming before month's end. I ordered the chrome version and can't wait to try it.

My first OC experience was with an R41 that I got as gift. Not pretty and the razor is languishing in my dresser drawer. The Parker should give me a good entry into the world of OCs.

I'm going to use my iKon Deluxe OC right after this razor and see what kind of direct comparison I can make. I have a sneaking suspicion that this razor will be able to hold its own against the much more expensive iKon.

Would love to hear how it stacked up against the Ikon Deluxe OC. I've been on the fence on the Ikon and just have not pulled the trigger on it just because of cost. I want a nice SS OC razor.....but do I really NEED one? IDK

Is the Parker a little less aggressive than the Ikon? I've just started a love affair with a NEW LC and have been looking for similar razors.

I'm not sure I will like a handle almost 4in and I see the cap has a really long stem. Are you able to get an aftermarket handle on it? I have a shavecraft/Ikon bulldog(80mm) that I'd like to use with it and would love to pick up a Bulldog 2(85mm) or something similar in the future

Thanks

Would love to hear how it stacked up against the Ikon Deluxe OC. I've been on the fence on the Ikon and just have not pulled the trigger on it just because of cost. I want a nice SS OC razor.....but do I really NEED one? IDK

Is the Parker a little less aggressive than the Ikon? I've just started a love affair with a NEW LC and have been looking for similar razors.

I'm not sure I will like a handle almost 4in and I see the cap has a really long stem. Are you able to get an aftermarket handle on it? I have a shavecraft/Ikon bulldog(80mm) that I'd like to use with it and would love to pick up a Bulldog 2(85mm) or something similar in the future

Thanks

I have the Parker 24C O.C. and a Gillette NEW LC also. I find the Parker just slightly more aggressive. They both fall in the medium aggressive range. As far as the handle goes I put an Edwin Jagger handle on it with no problem. I think most handles would fit.

Other handles will fit with no problem, I've tried several and they all went on. I do not care at all for the factory chrome handle. It's grippy but looks kind of gaudy to me. The black handle would have been a better choice. I get better shaves with the iKon OC and probably a little smoother. I haven't really hit the sweet spot with this razor for some reason. I'm getting some nice shaves but they could be better. I'll use it a few more times and see what happens.

I can't speak about the Parker 26C, but my first DE was a Parker 99R and it is wonderful. More aggressive than my Merkur 38C, but with care and concentration, I get a great shave with no weepers or nicks. Enjoy it, Chris.

Thanks,

I love the look of your 94R handle on the 24C head, that's one nice looking setup. :thumbup1:
I'd be temped to buy them both just to have the 94R handle.

attachment.php

Thanks

My Weber Classic works with mine.

Thanks

I'm not a fan of longer handled razors myself, however this one grew on me. I tried several different handles on the 26C head (iKon, Weber Classic, Weber Wave, EJ, RR Mission) and everyone worked fine. That said, if you are worried about using an aftermarket handle you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanks everyone, nice to know I can easily find a handle I like if the original one doesn't work for me.

Chris how would you say it shaves compared to the Ikon deluxe OC?

Chris how would you say it shaves compared to the Ikon deluxe OC?

Honestly, I still like the iKon better. I get smoother, and closer shaves with the iKon, but not much. For the money that the Parker costs though, I really think it might be the best value for a razor on the market right now. While I still like the iKon better, it is $100 more expensive, and the Parker can most definitely hold its own against the iKon. If you're looking to drop a large sum on a stainless razor, then go for the iKon. If you're looking for a new production OC that won't break the bank - or even just something less than $100 - I'd say go for the Parker. My true recommendation though, in the spirit of B&B, is to BUY BOTH!

Top Bottom