What's new

Palm[olive] Sunday

I’m in, first shave with Palmolive.
Smells great! I ordered both the classic & rinfrescante, I think I prefer the classic smell.
Performance wise, I used too much water but other than that it did well.

IMG_3769.jpeg

Hello all.

I really enjoy the Palmolive cream but I have a question.

I bought a tube of Palmolive while I was in Germany back in 2017 and it is long gone. I recently bought some online that I think is the same, but the product is different. I am aware there are different packaging red/green and all that, but I'm not familiar with the differences.

So the new cream is more "wet" out of the tube than my old cream. It's more like a regular toothpaste than pretty much any other cream I have.

Is this "normal" or just a different kind? It works fine and smells great.

Hello all.

I really enjoy the Palmolive cream but I have a question.

I bought a tube of Palmolive while I was in Germany back in 2017 and it is long gone. I recently bought some online that I think is the same, but the product is different. I am aware there are different packaging red/green and all that, but I'm not familiar with the differences.

So the new cream is more "wet" out of the tube than my old cream. It's more like a regular toothpaste than pretty much any other cream I have.

Is this "normal" or just a different kind? It works fine and smells great.
I don't know if it's normal but my tube of Palmolive Rinfrescante is pretty similar to Proraso in consistency. It that helps anything at all 😅

I don't know if it's normal but my tube of Palmolive Rinfrescante is pretty similar to Proraso in consistency. It that helps anything at all 😅
Is that the menthol one? Mine is the classic and I haven't used Proroaso, but I do have the CO Bigelow. The Bigelow is more the texture of the old Palmolive I had.

Germany had it's own production Palmolive cream and stick, much like Australia and I believe Serbia (or another Balkan country)
Palmolive has since consolidated all production to Italy and discontinued the stick.
Compared to the Australian cream, the Italian stuff is better. The Italian tube I have is from 2016, and I have another tube from then, it's Italian made for the EU market (Classiic in the green tube) and is quite a dense cream, much stiffer than Proraso.
I have not tried the modern Italian cream made for the Australian market but it should be the same stuff (minus a preservative that was removed due to EU regs)
Edit: The Italian made cream may have changed in the last few years, 2016 was a while ago

Y'all get lather from a tube? Don't seem right. Lather comes from a proper puck!

Toothpaste comes in a tube. Lather comes from a puck.

Get yer heads right - get off the tube, get on the puck, dang it all! Just don't seem right.
Sometimes from tube, sometimes from a tub and sometimes from a puck.
There also exists more colors than blue and more numbers than "13". Variety is good 😅

Top Bottom