What's new

Palm[olive] Sunday

It’s about time we had a thread dedicated to the use of Palmolive shaving cream. This cream is widely available in supermarkets and pharmacies around the world. It’s quite possibly the best bang for your buck shaving cream on the planet. Despite its humble price tag, the performance is excellent. The fresh soapy fragrance is both clean and refreshing.

It’s a cream for everyday of the year but let’s come together to celebrate it every week on Palm[olive] Sunday.

Who’s with me?

548E2310-460D-43D6-AD46-4766D4EEACCF.jpeg

IMG_20220830_200431650.jpg

A nice little 3 passer with the lovely English PAL lightweight. The English version of the STAR Model 100, except almost all aluminium construction weighing under 25gm, only the top cap being brass. Early/Mid 1950s. It handles very much like a bakelite.

A sweet and efficient shaver, paired with the excellent Indian Super Max Diamond Edge blade, very reminiscent of a Gillette Platinum.

the PAL will give most Techs a good run for their money, performance-wise. It beats many of the family IMO.

I have been applying the Palmolive directly to my wettened face recently, not on brush. I can work it in nicely and it acts as an effective pre-shave. A lovely slick lather, very adjustable in the shave by adding a few drops to brush.

As @Tomo said at the beginning of this great thread, Palmolive is the best bang for the buck cream on the planet. Superb, rock solid performance and a very enjoyable product to use!

A very acceptable DFS+ on a 3 day stubble.

Nice!

Last edited:
Great thread!!

I hope to participate next year

As I have a few sticks sitting around in the den to try.

I have a question about the creams?

I know there are a few different types of Palmolive tubed creams.

Which is your favorite?

It was about 8yrs ago and I think I tried the regular green in the tube. It had a green leaf on it, I remember.

Anyway I remember really liking the clean green soapy scent it had. Did a great job of removing my whiskers and post shave was good. But about 10-15min later I would get a terrible poison ivy like outbreak on my neck and jaw line area.

I was really bummed out as I could have easily been happy having it in my rotation of soaps and creams.

So I’m wondering if it has ever been reformulated over the years since? If so, I may want to give it another try or maybe one of the other styles of Palmolive creams.

Great thread!!

Which is your favorite?

It was about 8yrs ago and I think I tried the regular green in the tube. It had a green leaf on it, I remember.

Anyway I remember really liking the clean green soapy scent it had. Did a great job of removing my whiskers and post shave was good. But about 10-15min later I would get a terrible poison ivy like outbreak on my neck and jaw line area.

I was really bummed out as I could have easily been happy having it in my rotation of soaps and creams.

So I’m wondering if it has ever been reformulated over the years since? If so, I may want to give it another try or maybe one of the other styles of Palmolive creams.
Could be overaged stock could be a sensitivity on your side…

I like the Italian version with menthol best an excellent cream for summer.

D7246C12-43E5-459B-A12F-782FBAF701C4.png

Great thread!!

Which is your favorite?

It hasn't been reformulated as far as I know. I have a problem with the Sensitive version. If it has been more than 12-14 months since manufacturing date I get irritation. I don't get that with the Classic ans the Cool, so I avoid the Sensitive. Not sure if it is still available in Germany and other Wester European countries.

Top Bottom