What's new

One razor one blade for ever

Razor for me it’s the Rockwell 6s. I never had a bad shave with it. It reached the point that out of curiosity, I’m trying to find a blade that gives me a bad shave with it. Mind you, not all blades are the same and the 6s doesn’t make miracles. I do notice the difference between an amazing blade and one that isn’t. Nacets have a special place in my heart.

IMG_6482.jpeg

Astra SP, that's simple.

As for the razor - out of the ones I have, Parker Variant, Baili BD176, Baili TTO, or Maggard's V3A. Any one of these four. They are all efficient yet forgiving (even V3A).

Razor for me it’s the Rockwell 6s. I never had a bad shave with it. It reached the point that out of curiosity, I’m trying to find a blade that gives me a bad shave with it.

Love my 6S and have tried several blades with it. Overall favorites have been Perma-Sharp and Nacet, also used Feather, Kai, and Astra. However, and somewhat ironically, the poorest performer was the Rockwell blades themselves. “Poorest” is relative, not absolute. So a Rockwell blade will certainly get the job done, but they are the blade brand I do not see myself ever purchasing in the future. The Kai blade is interesting because it is not only very sharp, but a Kai blade is just slightly wider then others, I think like 1/1,000 inch wider. This allows the blade to slightly punch up the shave (for any razor). So for example, a Kai blade using a Rockwell plate 2 becomes more of a 2+. So if one plate is a pinch too aggressive, and the next lower plate number is perhaps a touch too inefficient, adding a Kai to the lower plate number can become the sweet spot. Worth a try. However, Kai blades, like Feathers, are expensive so for me it is easier to play with different soaps and technique in addition to selecting the appropriate plate.

I have to admit this is a tough one to answer. I will reserve the right to remain silent on this one, given that it would give my wife the Carte Blanche to get rid of any razor I don't mention lol

I'd go with a Timeless Ti .68 oc. It's my favorite razor for both short and long growth. Blade would be a Personna Lab Blue, although I really do need to try more blades in the Timeless. The lab blues were good from the beginning so I didn't really try many others.

I noticed the Piccolo got a lot of votes. I need to get mine out and try it again soon.

Top Bottom