What's new

One razor one blade for ever

kinda my goal just find my truly favorite of favs and use those :)
so far my Timeless Ti .68 SB
but might try a Woflman Ti .85/1.05 based on my experience with the .95 and 1.15 I had
also kinda want to try a Ti Adjustable Tatara and will be one of those I reckon

blades got it down to about 4 that are tops and mainly using the GSB, Nacet, Green 7, Treet Dura Sharp
will keep playing narrow down when I narrow down the razor

I truly want just one blade and one razor that works the best :)

Back in 2960’s I had a Gillette Super Speed it was USMC ISSUED, I use Gillette Blue Blades.

There were a few other brands of blades available. But the BLUES were cheap, they worked.

Think that was my kit for about 20 years. My Brush cost about $3.00, Soap was what was ever cheap.

At the time I was making maybe $100.00 a week, Rent was $75.00 a month, Car Payment was about $30.00 a month, Gas was cheap at under 20 cents a gallon, and I ate well.

My favorite razor is the Karve Overlander. I generally shave every day for work, so while it isn't the best for multiple days of growth, for my use case it's perfect. I think there's no bad blade pairing for it, but if I could only use one blade it would be Kai. they are a tiny bit wider, and give the Overlander a bit more efficiency. Kai's are still very sharp but I perceive them to be smoother and more consistent than other sharp blades. The only downside is their cost.

Legion

Staff member
You guys are still going to have to cheat and change that one blade eventually.

IMG_6903.jpeg

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
What if you could ONLY use one razor and oneblade forever. Which razor and blade would you pick?

Easy! I did that for 20 years, and I'd have no problem doing that again.

The razor would be either a Game Changer 68 or Edwin Jagger DE3D14. At the moment, the Game Changer is in the bathroom, and the Jagger is in a drawer as back up.

The blades I used for 20 years were Wilkinson Sword. English made for about 10 years, then the German made ones. They're still my favourite blade, and the only reason I don't use them exclusively, is I only have about 70 of those, and about 500+ others, spread over 10 or so different types.

Top Bottom