What's new

One razor one blade for ever

I'd say any Gillette Tech (the Gillette Super Blue version is just fine) and Gillette Super Blue blades. I've used many other razors and blades but this seems to be the most consistent combo I've used in 14-ish years. Or just give me a bunch of Gillette Guard handles and carts, that would also be fine.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The whole idea sounds so wrong to me. Enjoying new razors, new blades, new handles... that's a lot of fun. And you can collect all that stuff and talk about it.
It took me a while to assemble my little tribe of razors... They are still in discussions, trying to decide who the leader is... no consensus as of yet and I kind of like it that way. I wouldn't want to reduce them to just one.

Variety is the spice of shaving.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Variety is the spice of shaving.
Yes, indeed. And the spice of life. While Sriracha sauce is my favorite sauce, but there I have to limit myself to one with zero to low garlic scent for practical reasons.

That's like the question what's your favorite book if you are an avid reader. The same reasoning as for razors applies there, I enjoy many for different reasons.

Blackland Ti Blackbird with
  • Nacet (PPI blades may disappear)
  • Permasharp (PPI blades may disappear)
  • Feather
  • Israeli Personna Reds (have disappeared from mainstream buying)
  • Personna lab
The SS Blackbird is also great and if there was no Titanium Bird, that would be my razor.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I seem to have made that choice already, Personna Lab Blues. They are made in the USA, reasonably affordable, last a couple of weeks, and give a close and comfortable shave. I have tried others that were a little better at the outset, notably GSBs and Nacets, but the Lab Blues tic all of my boxes.
Oh, and the razor is an Above the Tie Windsor with a mild copper base plate. Although I would be fine using it and no other forever, I have not ruled out the possibility of a slant. The interest waxes and wanes.

Top Bottom