What's new

OK Here we Go again..The NHL's 2nd-round playoff matchups for the 2011 Stanley Cup!!!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
B's onto the Eastern Conference Finals! :thumbup:
Chris:
A impresive 'clean sweep' of the 'Fly Boys'.
proxy.php

Once again...I'm not getting out my crystal ball
proxy.php
just yet agianst the Bolts
proxy.php
, but I venture the 'B's
proxy.php
with Tim Thomas 'in the nets' (and he has my vote for the Vezina Trophy), will be in the Finals when they 'dust-off' Tamp Bay in 5 games.
proxy.php

Christopher
proxy.php

PS The Goalie Motto: "Only God Saves more than Goaltenders".

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Back to Hockeytown for game 6! If not for Jimmy Howard the Wings were toast .. but the playoffs are many times about the hot goalie, eh?

Last night's Preds-Nuks was a great game also. I hope the teams in the west don't beat themselves to death before getting down to eating Beans or Bay for the finals.

Back to Hockeytown for game 6! If not for Jimmy Howard the Wings were toast .. but the playoffs are many times about the hot goalie, eh?

Last night's Preds-Nuks was a great game also. I hope the teams in the west don't beat themselves to death before getting down to eating Beans or Bay for the finals.

Depressing indeed. San Jose has had ample opportunity to close this thing out. Jumbo Joe better start acting like he cares.

Depressing indeed. San Jose has had ample opportunity to close this thing out. Jumbo Joe better start acting like he cares.

Joe Thornton still hasn't shown up in the playoffs. I'm pretty sure the Sharks are happy with Setoguchi, Coture, and everyone else picking up their slack!

I'm just shocked the Wings were able to even come back. They didn't play for the first two periods. They can't do that again and expect to even make it to game 7.

With the way the wings were playing, I am quite surprised that the wings didn't get swept in that series. Granted I am a fan of the wings, It was tough to watch the first three games.

Neither Doug Wilson in the front office nor Todd McLellan behind the bench are willing to hold Joe's feet to the fire. He's not held accountable for his apathy. He seems like the kind of player that wouldn't respond to management or coaches coming into his stall and telling him to "care more". And because he's a playoff dud you can't trade him for significant value. Joe can't be your "Go to guy". He has to play a high end supporting role like a Marian Hossa or Evgeni Malkin. You can't have him be the focal point of your team.

Wow. Here we go, game 7. I worked late and did not watch the first 40 minutes. What a 3rd period.

I probably will sleep sometime between now and then.....just not sure how much.

Wow. Here we go, game 7. I worked late and did not watch the first 40 minutes. What a 3rd period.

I probably will sleep sometime between now and then.....just not sure how much.

Oh you missed 2/3rds of a great game then. First two may have been scoreless, but they were spectacular. The Wings looked a heck of a lot better this game. I thought that last game was it, but somehow they won that one, won this one and well here we are. I didn't think they would pull it off, but I believe now! Looking forward to game seven! :w00t:

Oh you missed 2/3rds of a great game then. First two may have been scoreless, but they were spectacular. The Wings looked a heck of a lot better this game.

Couldn't agree more. I am quite surprised that those first 40 mins were scoreless. I think niemi was the main reason for that.

The SJS and DET series may be one of the best series for goaltending that I've ever seen. Both teams have pretty porous defenses at times, and Niemi and Howard have basically been brick walls for the whole series.

Add a game 7 to this? One of the best series I've ever seen.

This has probably been the best series I have seen since Wings vs Avs in 2002. Niemi was great last night and Howard is the mainreason why the Wings are still around. Unfortunately for me, since the Wings have been winning while I am not watching or listening to the radio broadcast, I am reduced to following the game on twitter so I do not jinx the team. Yes, I know I am crazy.

Couldn't agree more. I am quite surprised that those first 40 mins were scoreless. I think niemi was the main reason for that.

Definitely. Niemi has played great this series. Howard too.

This has probably been the best series I have seen since Wings vs Avs in 2002. Niemi was great last night and Howard is the mainreason why the Wings are still around. Unfortunately for me, since the Wings have been winning while I am not watching or listening to the radio broadcast, I am reduced to following the game on twitter so I do not jinx the team. Yes, I know I am crazy.

Hey it might be crazy, but it seems to be helping. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Oh, I caught the rest today. One of the better hockey games I have watched (with bias) in a long, long while. I did catch a tweet that said:

"The Sharks will be late getting to the ice for period 3. They were signing over their game checks to Niemi". Having watched the rest of the game, I agree.

This has been a ball of a postseason, wish it would not end.

Wings/Sharks have been fun to watch. As a Pens fan, I feel obliged to pick the Sharks, but Game 7 will be a huge battle. Good game so far. We'll see.

Top Bottom