What's new

GIVEAWAY! New Years Contest!!!

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
My choice with the gift certificate was the Standard Copper Bowl. It arrived today with some extra goodies!! It is a thing of beauty and works as well as it looks!

Thank You Captain’s Choice and Badger and Blade. By far my favorite place on the internet!

Attachments

• 1F7569A0-21B6-42C2-9B4A-BECFFC05CC81.jpeg
    1F7569A0-21B6-42C2-9B4A-BECFFC05CC81.jpeg
    966.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 4B25C60F-CE7F-40BF-89B7-EF114F87C830.jpeg
    4B25C60F-CE7F-40BF-89B7-EF114F87C830.jpeg
    725.2 KB · Views: 13
If I ever break my ceramic lather bowl I've got to get me one of those copper lather bowls. Almost makes me want to drop it on purpose.

My order was supposed to arrive today according to tracking but it didn't make it to my post office in time from the distribution center for my area. I should have my items Tuesday since Monday is a Postal holiday.

Thank you so much Scott! The freebies were a nice touch, that slate coaster is quite cool, almost too nice to put anything on it. The sample of Venture soap I will gift it to my friend to try since I already have a tub, it is one of my favorite scents.

Of course a couple years ago I bought a bottle of Nor'easter to try another menthol scent but did not get the soap/cream so had to get the set, gifted my 3/4 full bottle to my friend last week and he was happy. I would even buy that scent in a cologne I like it that much and I don't wear cologne that often.

The Italia is a new scent to me and I like it, dabbed some of the AS on my wrist and first sniff I smelled like an almond type scent, now 15 minutes later it has a faint vanilla scent, like it a lot. Reminds me of the tub of Cella I had, unfortunately that tub spoiled and got a rancid smell and had to toss it.

I was curious about the eucalyptus scent and it's nice but don't think it would be something I would get in the future.

Now I just need to wait for the Italia to warm up some since it is quite chilled and will give it a try this evening.

Thank you again Cap', and thank you for the email conversation we had last week, I really enjoyed it.

1673987470053.png

Thank you so much Scott! The freebies were a nice touch, that slate coaster is quite cool, almost too nice to put anything on it. The sample of Venture soap I will gift it to my friend to try since I already have a tub, it is one of my favorite scents.

Of course a couple years ago I bought a bottle of Nor'easter to try another menthol scent but did not get the soap/cream so had to get the set, gifted my 3/4 full bottle to my friend last week and he was happy. I would even buy that scent in a cologne I like it that much and I don't wear cologne that often.

The Italia is a new scent to me and I like it, dabbed some of the AS on my wrist and first sniff I smelled like an almond type scent, now 15 minutes later it has a faint vanilla scent, like it a lot. Reminds me of the tub of Cella I had, unfortunately that tub spoiled and got a rancid smell and had to toss it.

I was curious about the eucalyptus scent and it's nice but don't think it would be something I would get in the future.

Now I just need to wait for the Italia to warm up some since it is quite chilled and will give it a try this evening.

Thank you again Cap', and thank you for the email conversation we had last week, I really enjoyed it.

View attachment 1589880

Scott is pretty dang awesome, as is Nor 'Easter, Sandalwood, and Land Ho!
@Captain Pre-Capsize

Just to give you an idea, here's what my slate coaster looks like after a year (give or take) of heavy daily use - Love It !
IMG_0312.JPG

Scott is pretty dang awesome, as is Nor 'Easter, Sandalwood, and Land Ho!
@Captain Pre-Capsize

Just to give you an idea, here's what my slate coaster looks like after a year (give or take) of heavy daily use - Love It !
View attachment 1591062

My coaster I am thinking about sticking some kind of hangar or a 3M sticky thingy and sticking it to the fridge. I don't really use them since my cold beverages are in a Yeti drink cup and it doesn't sweat. It is really cool though. If you like Nor'easter and haven't tried Venture yet you need to put that on your list.

I have tried Sandalwood, decent scent but not good enough for me to keep, gave it to my friend as he liked it more. Love the Nor'easter scent in the AS which is why I got the shave cream and will be used in my next shave. I used the Italia yesterday and I really skimped on how much I put in my lather bowl and didn't have enough for the third pass, think I should have gotten it in the soap instead as I can see going through the cream real fast. Just wished the scent of the AS lasted longer, I doped up pretty good but it seemed to fade fast though. Shouldn't really expect AS to last all day I guess.

My coaster is used primarily to protect my wooden desk from the heat of my oversized coffee cup :001_wub:

Sandalwood is not a fragrance that my wife is fond of; with exclusive exception to Capts Choice.

The only other “Sandalwood” she likes is much more of a barbershop frag.

Top Bottom