What's new

GIVEAWAY! Christmas Contest!

christmas-greetings-1629475661.jpg

Is there a better time for a gift? This is the time! Here is what you can win: a $50.00 credit to be used in our store right here. Plus there will be TWO winners selected by random.org. Two chances to win a free gift, step right up!

To enter, simply tell us about a memorable Christmas you had. This can be as a child or adult, anytime is fine. Or maybe there was a favorite gift you received one year for Christmas - that works as well.

Wishing each of you a Merry Christmas,

The Captain

I'm in. A memorable Christmas? Hmmm. I'll go with Christmas 1994. My wife (then girlfriend) used to collect Precious Moments figurines. And this is one that she very much wanted.
1702074232243.png

If you can't see it, there's an engagement ring in a box on the ground and he's holding a sign that says, "Please Check: Yes or No." So that year when we exchanged Christmas presents, I gave her that figurine as a gift. I then made up some excuse as to why I needed something from another room and asked her to go get it for me. When she walked back in, I was down on one knee with an engagement ring in front of me, and I was holding a sign that said, "Please check: Yes or No." In case you were wondering, she checked, "Yes." We were married in 1995 and 28 years later I love her more than the day that we were married.

Christmas Eve 1977 was unique, went over to mother in laws for traditional dinner. She was passed out drunk on couch, turkey was still in freeze, nothing was made, I got in my car by myself, and drove home.

Called buddy on PD who was working, ask if need partner for night. He said sure, change cloths, he came by house picking me up & we went, to protect City, and noting happen interesting on the shift in his sector/patrol area.

We spend the time talk about how he volunteer to work Christmas, and my disaster Christmas Eve.

Last edited:
There was one year when I was around 12 that my mom picked a tree so big that took 3 people to carry it and when we got home my dad trimmed it and trimmed it and my mom started freaking out thinking that he was cutting too much off. I remember my dad grabbing the tree and bringing it into the house. He stood that tree up and it folded over a good 2 feet at the top. Needles to say my mom agreed it may need some more trimming after that.

I'm not in as I got something last time so I'd rather someone else get the chance to try your wonderful Shave cream or bowl or whatever they want to try :)

every year stands out so unique watching family grow and knowing the true reason for what it's about is the biggest part of it and we try to stay grounded on that :)

but do want to say Merry Christmas to you and all you do for us at B&B :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays !!!! I had a few christmas when I was growing up that were awesome... Well Honestly ALL of them were.... I remember being in the car one christmas eve coming home with my mom and dad from my Grandparents house and seeing a red light that was moving across the sky that I was determined was rudolph leadong santas sleigh... I also used to get up early EVERY christmas morning and listening to christmas music BUT sometimes my mom and dad would come in though before I got up and I would be ready to just sprint out of my bed to see the pretty tree with all the gifts underneath it.. I now am making many more wonderful memories through my children that I will always cherish...

BTW, I'm In.. If thats okay with you.....

Christmas 2021….

I had taken a plane to travel to the USA to meet my now wife, spending three months.
I stayed for my first thanksgiving and Christmas. My family wasn’t necessarily the most pleasant, but now I’ve made a new family.

I proposed to my now wife at the strike of midnight after we almost got hit by a drunk driver.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Not in my friend and Captain! But a wonderfully kind gesture, good fortune to all!

I like Thanksgiving better than Christmas, but a few have stood out over the years. Having a son really made "the season bright" for so many years as he was growing up. I have been so blessed.

Christmas 2000. I had pretty bad vision and my eyes couldn't deal with contacts anymore. Glasses created pressure behind my ears which caused headaches. So, it was an amazing time when I opened the gift envelope from my in-laws that held a card indicating that they would cover the cost of LASIK. That eye surgery was life changing.

Merry Christmas to all :santa:

Respectfully not in, although Captain’s Choice is in my top 3 brands.

A lot of nice Christmas gifts in my life, but I never have a birthday gift. My birthday is 30 December and my brother is 29 December, so we always get the Christmas/Birthday gift :p. It’s very difficult to get a birthday party before New Year😝

Not in. A memorable Christmas was 2012. I had been away for just shy of a year, plus many moths of coming and going for training, both for Warrant Officer training and pre-deployment training. I arrived back to my unit (deployed with another battalion) around 10:00 or 11:00 pm add waited for my wife and kids to arrive (yep, they were late - oh well). Enjoying Christmas with family in person after being away and spending holidays via video chats made it especially good. You can’t hug a screen.

I'm in. I have found that almost all of my Christmases have been a wonderful time, albeit several were spent away from home while I served in the submarines (underway on several Christmas and other holidays over my 20 year career). But, I believe one of my fond memories are of the time when my son was around 2 or 3 and we had gone all out for gifts, spending far more than we should have. Our son tore open the presents, tossing aside the paper and ribbons all over the place, squealing in delight at his gifts. After all was said and done, the boy had more fun playing with the boxes than the gifts.

I'm in.
Many Christmas memories...nearly all of them good ones.
Perhaps the most memorable would be the year we were living in Buffalo, NY. I was maybe 7 or 8. Godawful winters.
For reasons I still don't know, we had no access to a car...probably my father had it and wasn't off work yet. It was Christmas Eve.
So, my mother, sister, and I all loaded up in a NFT bus (public transportation) and rode all over the city visiting one group of relatives after another...all in the middle of an insane snow storm.
Probably doesn't sound all that epic but for some reason that night is still quite vivid in my memory even after 65 years. For some reason we all just had a great time.
Buffalo...in a bus...in a blizzard. Go figure🤷‍♂️

Back in the '80s, during the summer, we obtained an old dollhouse (made out of plywood) from a garage sale. The format of the dollhouse was similar to the metal jobs that were popular then, except that this house was built on a scale that would allow Barbie to stand upright within it. Keeping it out of sight of the kids, we restored it, painting it to match our house, and making furniture to fit it.

Christmas morning, we hear a creaking on the stairs as one daughter snuck down to see what Santa had left. This was followed by an excited thumping run back up the stairs accompanied by the shout "You've GOT to see what Santa left!!"

So the OL and I had to get out of bed since the cat was already out of the bag.

Top Bottom