What's new

New Updated Blackland Osprey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane listens to his customers. That's something some companies don't do. He said that being young(ish), he and his staff didn't have trouble seeing the numbers but they hadn't taken an older customer into account.
Smart businessman. Excellent product, from what I know.

Osprey-V2-closeup2_2.jpg

Osprey-V2-closeup1_2.jpg

I think it's great they take feedback from the community. Also, the time it took for them to make the changes is quite fast as well, all things considered.

The Osprey has been the only razor I'm currently interested in. I don't think I'd have trouble with the old numbers though, so now I'm torn whether I should get the new model or try to pick up an old one secondhand from someone looking to upgrade...

I am curious if the Black Numbers are also on the polished version. Even though you can make that selection on their website, the picture reverts to the non polished version with the black numbers.

Whats the difference between "new knob" and "black knob".

Numbers on both look dark compared to the original... but the latter appears darker.
Did I get that right?
The new knob has larger deeper more visible numbers compared to the original. The other option is to have those numbers painted black. There is a very obvious difference in visibility.

$350 !!! I paid $10 for a never-used Superadjustable. My Slim cost $17. Why do you fellows want to pay so much more? If you buy one, compare it with these great vintage Gillettes, built like tanks, magnificent performers, and then try to explain your rationale for the purchase. I’m not trying to be critical; I honestly don’t understand it.

$350 !!! I paid $10 for a never-used Superadjustable. My Slim cost $17. Why do you fellows want to pay so much more? If you buy one, compare it with these great vintage Gillettes, built like tanks, magnificent performers, and then try to explain your rationale for the purchase. I’m not trying to be critical; I honestly don’t understand it.
At this point, honestly, you choose to not understand it. Several participants of this forum have explained to you why they enjoy using artisan crafted razors that carry a higher price tag. There are numerous discussions involving yourself that are featured across multiple threads detailing this topic.

By the way, I agree that “nothing beats a tech” but I enjoy using my Vector or Blackbird once in a while because it’s fun and it makes me happy. Why are you still beating this dead horse? Why have you chosen this hill to die on? What did the $350 razor do to hurt you?

Do you get some sort of bat signal that sends you running if you somebody spends more than $10? You’ve made it abundantly clear in every thread imaginable that you prefer more budget-friendly options. That’s great for you. Let people enjoy shaving how they choose to enjoy shaving. Nobody needs to “explain their rationale for the purchase” to you.

We don’t trick or pressure people into thinking an expensive razor is the only way to shave well. There’s great shaving to be had at every budget imaginable. But we make nice products and people seem to enjoy them.

Ok. It seems to be an unbridgeable gulf. I’ve never understood why someone would spend more money than they have to. I suppose it’s the origin of the expression “money to burn”.

Ok. It seems to be an unbridgeable gulf. I’ve never understood why someone would spend more money than they have to. I suppose it’s the origin of the expression “money to burn”.

Of course we should all drive a $500 car, eat only rice and beans, never travel, have no phone, sleep in our car, and wear burlap sacks. That way would we would never spend more than we truly have to. How dare we spend our own money on things we enjoy.

Don't forget the saying "to each his own".
As for Blackland, they make superb products. Are they better than ancient tech razors, who knows? Who cares? If it makes me happy and I can afford it, then that is my choice. You will never regret buying a Blackland product.

I'm with @Quaznoid on this one. Fully understand what he is saying yet still I want to buy the Blackland Blackbird.
So here's me, asking myself the same question he is and I can't answer it myself.
Agreeing to disagree seems far out there.
I find myself minding less that Quaznoid is set in his ways than I mind you, @muzichead trying to dictate the narrative.
To be honest, what am I doing here if we can not have different opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom