What's new

New Pelican 140

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
No it's not a typo ... a Pelican.

I've added another slightly different variant to my flock of Pelikans this week. This will now be my third vintage Pelikan where the engraving reads "PELICAN", I've got a 400 and two 140 models now. I've heard that the factory marked it this way for certain foreign markets -- I've heard both England and France now but that could be mere speculation.

$Pelican 140.jpg

The nib reads Pelikan, it's a really old one, dating to before 1954 when they started putting the figure of the bird in the nest on the gold.

$140 nib.jpg

I wasn't really expecting to win the auction, I put in a low bid and surprisingly got it and then began the wait for the package from Germany. The pen's not perfect, just good to very good condition overall. Someone used it as expected. Unusual also that there's no cap top engraving.

$Pelican 140 F nib.jpg

Here's an old ink advertisement from around 1924 that reads with a "c" I thought I'd throw in after reading a post here yesterday. :tongue_sm

$pelican ad 1924.jpg

A nice little tid bit of history that is worth knowing. Thanks for sharing Doug....and nice pen too! Congratulations on the score. Sounds like the price was right:thumbup1:

Top Bottom