What's new

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
With all the excitement yesterday, I completely forgot to post my shave.

Still on track with 366 Shaves in 2024: 73 for 73 = 100%.

Wednesday's shave was the same kit as Tuesday.
20240310_112928~2.jpg

Same outstanding performance and results.

Great news! My Bride finally gets out of the hospital on Saturday.

She will now have in home physical therapy and regular nurse visits. She still has a long way to go.
I forgot to reply on my excitement as well! Great news David! Very happy for the both of you. And yes long ways to go and those begin with the first step - coming home!

Blessings to your Lovely Bride and to you for seeing this through and being there for her.

Guido

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I forgot to reply on my excitement as well! Great news David! Very happy for the both of you. And yes long ways to go and those begin with the first step - coming home!

Blessings to your Lovely Bride and to you for seeing this through and being there for her.

Guido

Thank you for sharing the amazingly great news, @never-stop-learning !

David, I'm glad your wife has overcome obstacle number one... and will be returning home. That has to be a relief... and a concern at the same time, as you'll both be working overtime as she improves at home.

I am glad you are keeping us up-to-date on her progress. Thx.

Glad to hear she is getting out of the hospital. May her recovery continue.
Thank you, Gentlemen. Your kind thoughts and prayers are very appreciated.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I hope things went smoothly today! I'm thinking about you guys 🙏.
Thank you, @Balin. 🙏

My Lovely Bride is home. Got her all set up. Wheelchair and walker within reach. Physical therapist, occupational therapist and RN will be coming to the house. Lots of hours of hard work ahead.

Our circle of friends and neighbors are helping out With those times that I have an appointment scheduled.

I thought our 2 year old mini-Aussie was going to wiggle herself silly when she saw "Mom" after two months. I had her on a lead for the first couple of hours so she wouldn't go flying on to my Bride's lap. Things have calmed down.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Being able to shave every day is one of the things that has allowed me to keep my focus these past two months. Might not have been my usual 3-Passes plus touch-ups, but still exceptionally satisfying.

Catching up on posting this week's shaves. All shaves are with the following gear:
20240310_112928~2.jpg

Razor: Above The Tie X1 Slant (Timeless Crown TRH8 Ti Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P
Brush: AP Shave Co Red (AP Shave Co 30mm Cashmere Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Tallow + Steel Hokkaido
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud

After today's shave, the Schick Proline P blade has 7 shaves and 10 passes.

Still current on 366 Shaves in 2024: 76 for 76 = 100%

My shaves with the ATT X1 Slant, Schick Proline P blade, and the rest of this kit have been superb in all respects.

The X1 Slant is firmly positioned as one of my Top 5 AC blade razors. It is an absolute pleasure to use.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 20240317
366 Shaves in 2024: 77 for 77 = 100%
Single Edge Sunday
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
20240317_163033~2.jpg

Razor: Shield Polished Ti AC Razor (Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (8 shaves, 13 Passes Total)
20240317_163149~2.jpg

Brush: Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
20240317_163225~2.jpg

Lather: Taconic Shave Bay Rum
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

Sunday's shave was very nice. The Shield Ti is a very competent AC blade razor. I used it for 3 or 4 previous shaves with the Kai Protouch MG blade. The plan is to use it with the Schick Proline P blade this week and focus on how it compares to my Top 5 AC blade razors.

The Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive with the Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan is one of my favorite badger brushes. Love it!

New cream this week: Taconic Shave Bay Rum. Excellent first impression. Soft, slick, protective. I'm very curious about this brand.

Post shave, Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails sure gets your attention. Very nice!

Superb 3-pass shave.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20240318
366 Shaves in 2024: 78 for 78 = 100%
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
20240317_163033~2.jpg

Razor: Shield Polished Ti AC Razor (Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (9 shaves, 16 Passes Total)
Brush: Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Lather: Taconic Shave Bay Rum
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Cat O' Nine Tails

Monday's shave with the Shield Ti went quite well. Smooth. The Shield Ti seems to like the Schick Proline P blade.

Liking the Taconic Shave Cream Bay Rum.

Nice kit!

Top Bottom