What's new

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20240304
366 Shaves in 2024: 64 for 64 = 100%
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
Razor: Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution (Timeless Crown TRH8 Ti Handle)
Blade: Feather Pro Super (5 shaves, 12 Passes Total)
20240303_113413~3.jpg

Tuesday 20240305
366 Shaves in 2024: 65 for 65 = 100%
Blade: Feather Pro Super (6 shaves, 13 Passes Total)

20240303_113303~2.jpg

Brush: AP Shave Co Purple Haze (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mike's Natural Soaps Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve

Didn't have it together yesterday, so I'm posting my Monday and Tuesday shaves together today.

The Claymore Evolution + Feather Pro Super combination perfprmed as expected with a 2-pass CCS on Monday and a 1-pass SAS on Tuesday. Impressive.

Superb shaves.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
David, I've avoided buying any Vintage razors for a while now, but a Canada Gillette 1932 Tech popped up on Etsy and I didn't manage to fight off the urge. I know it's your top Tech so I figured I'd take a chance. I hope I can make it sing like you do. I have a titanium Destroyer handle sitting headless so I'll probably try that handle after at least one shave with the OEM handle, though even the "fat" Gillette handles feel so skinny to me now. From the photos, it looks to be in pristine condition and might not even benefit from a Back Roads Gold replate. I'll let you know what I think when we get back to the States as it should beat me home.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David, I've avoided buying any Vintage razors for a while now, but a Canada Gillette 1932 Tech popped up on Etsy and I didn't manage to fight off the urge. I know it's your top Tech so I figured I'd take a chance. I hope I can make it sing like you do. I have a titanium Destroyer handle sitting headless so I'll probably try that handle after at least one shave with the OEM handle, though even the "fat" Gillette handles feel so skinny to me now. From the photos, it looks to be in pristine condition and might not even benefit from a Back Roads Gold replate. I'll let you know what I think when we get back to the States as it should beat me home.

Hi Kim - A nice Gillete Canada Pre-War Tech is an excellent addition to your den!

There are a lot of shavers who find the stock handle very acceptable. My preference is for a larger diameter handle. The best match I have is one of Doug’s GTx 25g handles. The Timeless Crown TRH8 Ti handle is also an outstanding match.

Where blades are concerned, Feather, Kai, Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum and Personna Israeli Platinum Red have all worked wonderfully for me. I suspect that Perma-Sharp and Eddison Israeli Stainless blades will also work well.

With my Canada Pre-War Tech I shave steep and enjoy a medium efficient, highly smooth, wonderfully nimble & maneuverable, highly predictable and very effective razor.

Looking forward to your shaving impressions. :)

Dutch seller by the way! The Canadian Tech is a very effective shaver Kim. Looking good too!

Enjoy it when you return!

Guido

(And welcome back to vintage!! :love-struck: )

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Dutch seller by the way! The Canadian Tech is a very effective shaver Kim. Looking good too!

Enjoy it when you return!

Guido

(And welcome back to vintage!! :love-struck: )

Guido, I smiled when I saw it was a Dutch seller as I thought of you... Isn't it odd???? Buying shaving gear from all around the world?
Multinational commerce in action. :)

Guido, I smiled when I saw it was a Dutch seller as I thought of you... Isn't it odd???? Buying shaving gear from all around the world?
Aww…you thought of me :blushing:

Yeah, without internet I would not have been reintroduced to wet shaving let alone get into vintage razors and learn about their history.

I recently bought two vintage razors to pass on and turned out that the seller was actually a fellow B&B member. What are the odds?! And what I find amazing is that once he knew that the package contents “naturally” changed in the way only B&B can do. Super cool!

My Canadian Tech actually came from Canada last year. I thought that was kismet too.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday 20240306
366 Shaves in 2024: 66 for 66 = 100%
20240303_113303~2.jpg

Blade: Feather Pro Super (7 shaves, 14 Passes Total)

The Claymore Evolution + Feather Pro Super combination continued to perform as expected with a nice 1-pass SAS. Very smooth razor/blade combination.

Superb shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thursday 20240307
366 Shaves in 2024: 67 for 67 = 100%
20240303_113413~2.jpg

Blade: Feather Pro Super (8 shaves, 16 Passes Total)
20240303_113335~3.jpg

An excellent 2-pass CCS/DFS shave today. Relaxing and very comfortable.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 20240308
366 Shaves in 2024: 68 for 68 = 100%
Clubman Friday
20240303_113303~2.jpg

Blade: Feather Pro Super (9 shaves, 18 Passes Total)

Another excellent 2-pass CCS/DFS shave today. Very smooth, yet efficient. Well balanced with the Ti Crown handle. Outstanding performance and results.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Saturday 20240309
366 Shaves in 2024: 69 for 69 = 100%
20240303_113303~2.jpg

Blade: Feather Pro Super (10 shaves, 19 Passes Total)

The Claymore Evolution + Pro Super combination is efficient and effective enough to let me get by with a 1-pass (WTG on my face, ATG on my neck) Socially Acceptable Shave (SAS) on those days when I don't need my usual 3-Pass + Touch-ups DFS (or better) results. The balance, with the Ti Crown handle, is spot on. Currently one of my Top 5 AC Blade razors.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 20240310
366 Shaves in 2024: 70 for 70 = 100%
Single Edge Sunday
Synthetic Sunday
20240310_112928~2.jpg

Razor: Above The Tie X1 Slant (Timeless Crown TRH8 Ti Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (1 shaves, 2 Passes Total)
20240310_112952~2.jpg

Brush: AP Shave Co Red (AP Shave Co 30mm Cashmere Fan)
Lather: Tallow + Steel Hokkaido
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud

The X1 Slant is a world class razor. A daily driver in all respects. Using a Schick Proline P blade, the X1 Slant is highly efficient, highly smooth, medium nimble & maneuverable, and highly predictable. Overall, an exceptionally effective razor. The X1 Slant is solidly positioned in my Top 5 AC blade razors.

The AP Shave Co Red Cashmere Fan is really easy to use. Effortlessly builds lather and comfortably applies it for the shave.

Tallow + Steel Hokkaido soap is one of my favorites. Love the scent, the lather, and the post-shave feel.

A superb, top tier shave!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Monday 20240311
366 Shaves in 2024: 71 for 71 = 100%
20240310_112928~2.jpg

Blade: Schick Proline P (2 shaves, 4 Passes Total)

Led by the ATT X1 Slant, this week's kit is an absolute joy to use. An exceptional shaving experience.

Superb shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tuesday 20240312
366 Shaves in 2024: 72 for 72 = 100%
20240310_112952~2.jpg

Blade: Schick Proline P (3 shaves, 5 Passes Total)

Rushing around this morning. Made time for a quick 1-pass SAS. The X1 Slant performed wonderfully.

Top Bottom