never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Wednesday 20240228
366 Shaves in 2024: 59 for 59 = 100%
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
20240225_120607~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (Rosseforp GTS 25g handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (11 shaves, 33 passes)
Brush: Frickwerkz Handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Aftershave: RazoRock The Dead Sea

Same kit. Same 2-Pass + Touch-ups shave. Same exceptional performance.

Superb, top tier shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thursday 20240229
Leap Day 2024
366 Shaves in 2024: 60 for 60 = 100%
20240225_120607~3.jpg

Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (12 shaves, 36 passes)
20240225_120626~3.jpg

My shaves this week with The General V2 have been spectacular. I'm really looking forward to my Friday and Saturday shaves, and will be a bit sorry that my week with The General V2 is drawing to a close. Awesome razor.

Superb, top tier shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for asking, Kim.

Some good news, we are both out of covid jail. 🙏

Went with her yesterday to her follow-up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon. They took the big casts off (both ankles still look horrible) to take x-rays. All the bones, rods, plates and screws are lined up correctly and healing. They took all the staples and stitches out, re-wrapped everthing and put her in two big honking boots/air casts. Still zero weight bearing. More x-rays in three weeks.

I've already been told that she will be released when she has "plateaued" with her physical therapy. So yes, she will be home at some point and still not be able to put weight on her ankles. I'm working now to get the house ready for when she's released. Physical therapy will be at home.

Once she is able to bear weight on her ankles, there will be additional weeks of therapy to strengthen her ankles.

I'll be her caregiver at home. Luckily, we have a lot of friends who have offered to help.
Update on my Bride.

Follow-up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon Wednesday. He cleared her to begin putting weight on her ankles. She went directly from his office to physical therapy and took her first steps (using a walker and with two physical therapists to help her) since the accident. She had two physical therapy sessions yesterday and two more this morning. Very painful, but she is pushing through the pain.

As soon as she can bear 50% of her weight (using a walker) safely, they'll release her to come home. 🙏

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Update on my Bride.

Follow-up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon Wednesday. He cleared her to begin putting weight on her ankles. She went directly from his office to physical therapy and took her first steps (using a walker and with two physical therapists to help her) since the accident. She had two physical therapy sessions yesterday and two more this morning. Very painful, but she is pushing through the pain.

As soon as she can bear 50% of her weight (using a walker) safely, they'll release her to come home. 🙏
Continued prayers, my friend.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
David, I'm glad they were able to put her back together.... I hope her continued recovery goes well.... though I know from reading your posts she'll be in quite a bit of pain as she does.... so I wish you both well during the process.
Thank you, Kim. :)

I'm exceedingly proud of how she is pushing through the pain to reach her goals. 🙏

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 20240301
366 Shaves in 2024: 61 for 61 = 100%
20240225_120607~3.jpg

Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (13 shaves, 39 passes)
20240225_120626~3.jpg

Yet another spectacular 2-pass + touch-up pass shave with The General V2 and the rest of this excellent kit.

Since I make my own rules, I guess that there can be two favorite razors in my Den. ;)

Superb, top tier shave.

Update on my Bride.

That's good news to hear! 🙏

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
If I ever stumble across The General V2, I'll feel like a treasure hunter who found the X....
I corresponded with the folks and Colonial Razors some time back and asked if they would ever revive The General, in V2 or maybe even V3 form.

Unfortunately, the answer was "no". Their plans revolve around their DE razor.

I sure hope you find a General V2, my friend. It is a very special razor.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Saturday 20240302
366 Shaves in 2024: 62 for 62 = 100%
20240225_120607~2.jpg

Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (14 shaves, 42 passes)

Last shave (for now) with this week's kit. Seven extremely satisfying shaves. An outstanding kit in all respects.

Superb, top tier shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 20240303
366 Shaves in 2024: 63 for 63 = 100%
Single Edge Sunday
Synthetic Sunday
20240303_113303~2.jpg

Razor: Alpha Shaving Claymore Evolution (Timeless Crown TRH8 Ti Handle)
Blade: Feather Pro Super (4 shaves, 10 Passes Total)
20240303_113413~2.jpg

Brush: AP Shave Co Purple Haze (Mühle 25mm STF)
20240303_113335~3.jpg

Lather: Mike's Natural Soaps Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve

All this talk about the Claymore Evolution + Feather Pro Super combination prompted me to select it for my shaves this week. It did not disappoint. A 2-pass + touch-up pass did the trick. An impressive combination.

This week's Supporting Cast is also impressive:

AP Shave Co's Purple Haze STF feels wonderful. Very ergonomic handle and the STF is a high performing knot.

My favorite lather bowl remains the Captain's Choice Copper.

Mike's Natural Soaps produce a very supple lather. Slick and protective.

It's been cold and snowing in the high desert. Clubman Pinaud Special Reserve is a perfect aftershave for this weather.

Superb shave.

Top Bottom