What's new

Need(ahem...cough) New Face Lathering Brush. WSP/Semogue/Thater?

@grayeagle , sorry you're getting poor service from WSP. I agree, most reputable suppliers would stand behind their products. I had a similar shedding problem with my Stirling boar, the cheap Whit handled one. I figured it wasn't that expensive ($10, I think?) so I didn't bother contacting them about it. I just drilled it out and replaced the knot with a Timberwolf from Maggard. It's okay, synthetics just aren't my preference. I also picked up their 24mm 70/30 combo knot for a custom build, I like that quite a bit. It's very nice for the price.

Good luck with however you choose to go forward with that brush, I know it's aggravating.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wet shaving since before Gillette invented disposables. Like an above member, found WSP a massive shedder. I waited months for the WSP premium silvertip to stop, but got worse. Finally lost patience, and was refused any credit/replace/ or discount because WSP Cust Service claims I should have returned immediately rather than give it a chance to stop shedding. Be advised. I purchased for $40 as final sale, no warranty, but most suppliers will replace defective brushes. Not WSP, at least if you wait longer than cust service thinks you should for the shedding to stop. Huge problem if you rotate your brushes. Also see my post on DFS. I'll buy a new knot (not from WSP!) for the handle, but won't bother with WSP brushes in the future. Btw, the Bullgoose LE, some Semogues, vulfix, and stirling badgers have all been great brushes and are good values at this pricepoint.

Customer service?

We could start a long conversation about it, couldn't we. In this case - purchased as final sale price, no warranty - any help the company might give you would be the kind of unexpected and above the calling bonus help people are likely to talk about as they brag about the company's customer service.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom