What's new

Need a New Sub Compact tractor any input helpful

Moved to White, Ga from Greenwell Springs , LA and sold our 20 year old Kubota BX2200. The BX2200 worked for our needs for 20 years used it for mowing, plowing snow(when we lived up north), pulling things, and a number of other things.
Our new house sits on about 4 acres and is mostly wooded. We have less then an acre to mow and it is not even all in the same place. Have a gravel driveway that is 4/10 of a mile long, half shared with the front property. The front property do not know how to maintain a gravel driveway so I will probable do the whole thing. The land is not flat some gradual and some steep hill. The property has pond access so we want to clear a better trail to the pond and make a couple of other trails to walk. I will also need to clean up many died trees. Started looking at sub compact tractors some come with a front bucket some do not.
So I think I want a tractor that can do the following:
Mow -- Thinking of a finish mower for the 3pt hitch.
Maintain the driveway
Move cut down trees
Level small areas of the yard to make them more useable

So if anyone has bought or looked at tractors recently let me know what you think.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sounds like for the variety of needs you have, another Kubota or a Deere is in order.
I've heard some good things about Mahindra, but never used one.

The Kubota really worked well for me.
Because of family and farming the Deere is out. The family was old red International.
Looked at a Massey Ferguson and a LS tractor last weekend. This weekend we are looking at a Kubota.

Top Bottom