What's new

My ignorance, seller ignorance, or scam?

Before I post this link, I believe the policy is that it's okay to post a link to an eBay BIN listing, just not to an auction. If I'm wrong, the moderators will be quick to correct me.

So here is a BIN for a "rare Lady Eversharp travel razor".

I'm an injector enthusiast with quite a large selection of them. To me this looks like an ordinary K2 injector (I have one), but with the end of the handle sawed off to permit it to fit in that case. Don't know what the case is from, it's possible it could have been for a different sort of injector, or for something else entirely.

Still, I don't claim to know "all there is to be knowed":001_smile. So you tell me. My ignorance, seller ignorance, or scam?

Take a look at this thread that has pictures of what you're looking at:
http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19134

It looks to be an actual Lady Eversharp Travel razor, but it appears to be missing the golden medallion on the bottom end.
Also missing is the plastic insert that holds the razor and the injector. Other than those missing items, it sure look like a Lady Eversharp Travel razor.

The travel version was only made in 1965 and came in a small rectangular brass box with colored, pearlescent lid to match handle, and travel stickers or "jewels".

Other than those missing items, it sure look like a Lady Eversharp Travel Beauty razor.

With the missing features, I would not pay that much for it, but that is just my opinion. :biggrin1:

Ask to see a picture of the end. If there is a medallion then it is legit. Eversharp made a version of the Lady Eversharp with the handle cut short to fit in a compact case. That razor is the correct style.

Ah, so choice # 1 "my ignorance", was correct. Thanks gentlemen. I think I'll pass on this one, though.

Top Bottom