What's new

My homemade 8/8 smiley

$DSCN1020.jpg
$DSCN1025.jpg
$DSCN1021.jpg

That is Gorgeous!

This is such an Noob question, but, I'm a Noob....:laugh: What/how did you pin that razor? Do I see flat-head or phillips slots on the pins, instead of being peened?

Thank you.

Thanks Dools. Yes, you do see round head screws screwed into threaded brass tubing from both sides. Pat told me about that idea at the Texas meet. This is the first time I have tried it.

You are very welcome, and, thank you. Threaded tubing sounds very interesting.

After visiting Charlie Lewis at The North Central Texas Meet last month I had to build one of these.
View attachment 558308
$DSCN1028.jpg
30 days from driving home from the meet to completion. Gotta be some kind of record, no? Now to make some contact wheels and a platen.

Finally got around to reading all ten pages... :001_smile Wonderful read!

Thank you for documenting your work, Fascinating!!

Victor: That's some outstanding fabrication work right there. Please send the blueprints along with the next set of razors, PRETTY PLEASE!!!!

Thanks guys. I actually did it without drawings. There is a good tutorial on a British blades forum (all in metric) and I spent a lot of time looking at pictures of KMG grinders.

It makes me happy that people are reading the whole thread. It's been quite a journey. I never thought it would go this far.

Top Bottom