What's new

My GRAIL RAZOR appeared… after EIGHT YEARS at B&B and DE Shaving.

I did a seven-shave trial of the Blackland Blackbird and thought it was great. During that trial, I ordered the Open Comb baseplate. It turned up just in time for my eighth Blackbird shave… and it was even better than the Safety Bar (for me).

Being an LHF (Lightweight Handle Fanboy) I used the Open Comb Blackbird on my Phoenix Filament Handle (5.5 grams) for the ninth Blackbird shave. That was an epiphany!

I’ve now completed seven shaves with my “Blackbird OC Filament” and it’s truly my GRAIL RAZOR. It’s as if this razor was made just for me. Not only do the shaves get better each time, but every one of them has been sublime.

Here are some pics and measurements for any geeks who would like to share my joy:
BBOCF-1_2023-08-30.jpg

BBOCF-2_2023-08-30.jpg

BBOCF-3_2023-08-30.jpg

BBOCF-4_2023-08-30.jpg

1693444715693.png

BBOCF-5_2023-08-30.jpg

And with a friend:
BBOCF+Wee-Scot_2023-08-30.jpg

To repeat myself, for those of you who don’t know…
I have coarse, abundant, and fast-growing whiskers; and I believe my skin is average (i.e. not sensitive OR leathery). Also, I shave steep (riding the guard).

Seventh GRAIL RAZOR Shave
SOTD-BBOCF-W_2023-08-30.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Blackbird OC Filament (7)
Blade: Gillette 7o’clock Black (7)
ASL: Orange FREEZE [home brew]

A sublime shave… :biggrin:
with my GRAIL RAZOR and his top-performing team. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I did a seven-shave trial of the Blackland Blackbird and thought it was great. During that trial, I ordered the Open Comb baseplate. It turned up just in time for my eighth Blackbird shave… and it was even better than the Safety Bar (for me).

Being an LHF (Lightweight Handle Fanboy) I used the Open Comb Blackbird on my Phoenix Filament Handle (5.5 grams) for the ninth Blackbird shave. That was an epiphany!

I’ve now completed seven shaves with my “Blackbird OC Filament” and it’s truly my GRAIL RAZOR. It’s as if this razor was made just for me. Not only do the shaves get better each time, but every one of them has been sublime.

Here are some pics and measurements for any geeks who would like to share my joy:
View attachment 1710209

View attachment 1710210

View attachment 1710211

View attachment 1710212
View attachment 1710214
View attachment 1710215

And with a friend:
View attachment 1710216

To repeat myself, for those of you who don’t know…
I have coarse, abundant, and fast-growing whiskers; and I believe my skin is average (i.e. not sensitive OR leathery). Also, I shave steep (riding the guard).

Seventh GRAIL RAZOR Shave
View attachment 1710207 :001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Blackbird OC Filament (7)
Blade: Gillette 7o’clock Black (7)
ASL: Orange FREEZE [home brew]

A sublime shave… :biggrin:
with my GRAIL RAZOR and his top-performing team. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
Congratulations Cal! Finding ‘the one’ is a great accomplishment.

Handle is interesting. It has to be head heavy.....
Be crazy if it took little batteries and had leds that lit up...
Very starwars z...

But yes, congrats!
Bottom-line very happy you have found what works the very best for you.
I just amplifies the enjoyment of the shave to the max....

BFX

Is there any sense of imbalance? Some people make a big deal of that... personally, it's never been a HUGe issue but then again, I have never pushed the envelope as far as you have...
(For me) there's no sense of imbalance, and maneuverability is tops.

One of my favorite tools used to be the 14lb sledge hammer. I could use it extremely accurately. Can you imagine being able to wield a heavy sledge hammer accurately, if the handle was heavier than the head?

Top Bottom