What's new

My Favorite Brushes

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
IMG_0191.jpeg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
From left to right:

Kent BK8 Silvertip Badger: I don't use this often, but when I want pure luxury this is the one I reach for. The tips are so soft I have to remind myself to stop painting and start shaving.

Semogue SOC 2 band Badger: This one I use often. Good backbone and soft tips, easy to splay and holds the splay. A great face lathering brush.

Semogue Barbear Portugues 2023: My favorite brush, I use this one every other day. It does everything well. Great handle, tips, backbone, looks - fabulous.

Wald A1 Synthetic: My EVO has too much backbone (painful to splay on my neck) and the Muhle STF could use a little more, but this Wald hits the sweet spot. A unique synth knot, this brush is in a class by itself - with a price to match.

Semogue SOC Mistura Badger/Boar combination: This is really an excellent brush - great handle, tons of backbone, and I find if I splay the brush and then us back and forth (to and fro?) strokes rather than circular I can avoid the slightly scratchy tips.

Semogue SOC TSN LE Boar: The handle is just a touch too small for me, but this is an excellent brush for both face lathering and bowl/scuttle lathering.

I do use the Muhle STF for a travel brush. It's a nice brush, just doesn't hold a candle to the Wald.

After purchasing and using a wide variety of Simpsons brushes, my hands down favorite right now is the Colonel X2L. If I were allowed only one Simpsons brush, it would be the Colonel. Great handle, perfect density at a bargain price!

Top Bottom