What's new

Multi-National Brush Restoration of the Ultimate Shaving Brush

Won't the foam absorb water and rot eventually?

Looks great, though!

As I suspected that is not foam that Ambrose used. It is a type of weather stripping that does not absorb/trap moisture.

Why would that be? This is an old product being re-used, exactly the kind of conservation those of us who care about animals prefer.

I agree Marvin. It is restoring and reusing something old/classic not taking away from another new animal.

So here it is refitted with a finest knot, the knot is pre bloom. I think its a perfect balance of back bone and softness. I would say it feels like a mix of pure and silver. Its on its way back home to you now slagle, it went out today. Its quite a brush I might add and has come along way with all its worm rot.:rolleyes:

I thought I'd share a few pics of this beauty. These first two are the before and after shots of todays SOTD.

These next five are comparison pics with other brushes I own. The first pic is a full bloom comparison next to the 2008 B&B LE. The second is a bloom comparison next to the 2006 B&B LE. The third pic is with four of my favorite brushes, the B&B Essential, the 2008 B&B LE, the 2006 B&B LE and my Shavemac 585. The fourth and fifth pics are side shots and a side by side comparison with the 2006 B&B LE.

Attachments

• $IMG_6199.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 279
If the dwarves in LotR shaved, this would be their kind of shaving brush :001_smile

Awesome restoration!

Regards.

Jakob

WOW man that thing bloomed out!!! :w00t: Very NICE SOTD, love that army slant!

how did that hair feel after all?

Yeah bloomed it is bloomin' huge! :lol::lol: It felt fantastic. It was nearly as soft and dense as my 2008 B&B LE. Thanks again for your contribution to this restoration.

Samouraï;1293978 said:
gorgeous.

how much did it cost in the end? i need to find some horn or bone and work one of these out myself.

The restoration, custom tied/new knot, refinish etc. ran about $100. I paid far far less than that for it. In the end it was definitely worth it!

If the dwarves in LotR shaved, this would be their kind of shaving brush :001_smile

Awesome restoration!

Regards.

Jakob

Thanks Jakob. :cool:

Top Bottom