What's new

Does the Timeless Adjustable Shaving Brush Handle have serious design flaws?

I really want to purchase one, however, there is one really bad review on Maggardsrazors: Timeless Razor Adjustable Shaving Brush, Aluminum - Holds 9 Different Knots, Blue Handle - https://maggardrazors.com/collections/brushes-knots/products/timeless-razor-adjustable-shaving-brush-aluminum-holds-9-different-knots-blue-handle.

The review:

"Don't buy this product​

I like the idea of this but, unfortunately, it doesn't work. I purchased this item along with two different size knots. If you mount and squeeze it hard the knot will stay in the handle for the duration of a shave but, usually post shave, after you shake it hard or try to wipe it with a towel knot pops out the handle. This happens with both of the knots I purchased. I tried smaller adapters (squeezing 28mm into 27mm) but it also doesn't work very well. This product costs $100. You are much better off buying dedicated handles and mounting them with silicone or other glue."

-

To anyone who owns this product, is it as bad as this reviewer claims?

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
There was one person on here who bought one. I can't remember who it was, but he was happy enough with it.

An interesting idea. You could have several knots and swap them in and out of the handle depending on you mood in the morning to better match whatever soap, mug, cream, or lather bowl you wanted.

Really though, the only practical use I see would be for someone in a quality control position in a brush company to sample and test lather incoming knots to see if they perform as expected. By sample, I mean pull a few out of the shipment for validation testing. Sample something like three out of a shipment of 25.

I'm only a brush hobbyist, but I work in the quality control arena. I remember ordering knots from a flaky vendor and they were far from what was advertised. On visual inspection they looked fine, so I accepted the order and released the funds for payment, only to discover what trash they were after mounting them and getting them wet.

I really want to purchase one, however, there is one really bad review on Maggardsrazors: Timeless Razor Adjustable Shaving Brush, Aluminum - Holds 9 Different Knots, Blue Handle - https://maggardrazors.com/collections/brushes-knots/products/timeless-razor-adjustable-shaving-brush-aluminum-holds-9-different-knots-blue-handle.

The review:

"Don't buy this product​

I like the idea of this but, unfortunately, it doesn't work. I purchased this item along with two different size knots. If you mount and squeeze it hard the knot will stay in the handle for the duration of a shave but, usually post shave, after you shake it hard or try to wipe it with a towel knot pops out the handle. This happens with both of the knots I purchased. I tried smaller adapters (squeezing 28mm into 27mm) but it also doesn't work very well. This product costs $100. You are much better off buying dedicated handles and mounting them with silicone or other glue."

-

To anyone who owns this product, is it as bad as this reviewer claims?
The TRBR works as advertised. No issues securely holding the 22mm 2 band badger or the 24 mm synthetic G5C which are both excellent knots. The handle is comfortable and looks amazing - I also shave with Timeless Razors titanium slim which is extremely smooth and efficient. I like quality stuff and this product is definitely quality - had to comment as I'm a big fan of Timeless razor.

The TRBR works as advertised. No issues securely holding the 22mm 2 band badger or the 24 mm synthetic G5C which are both excellent knots. The handle is comfortable and looks amazing - I also shave with Timeless Razors titanium slim which is extremely smooth and efficient. I like quality stuff and this product is definitely quality - had to comment as I'm a big fan of Timeless razor.
Thankyou

How deep are the holes in the rubber holders?

I will stick with my Shavemac VLB that was in the first batch Bernd made back in the day. Fully extended, it could almost lather a wall in one pass (at least it seems that way). I usually keep it about 2/3 retracted for face lathering. The bulb shaped premium badger knot is superb, but the whole thing is heavy for a brush.

Top Bottom