What's new

Timeless "adjustable" brush

Just got a promotional email from Timeless offering a free shaving bowl with the purchase of a Timeless Adjustable Brush. The brush can be used with the supplied rubber collets to accept any knot size from 20mm to 28mm inclusive, without adhesive, allowing the knot to be swapped out in seconds.

I'd ask if anyone has tried one, but it appears to be a new offering.

You can see it, along with pics and video here:

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Shavemac once made a variable loft brush, which could be adjusted mid shave by rotating the dial at the brush base, but it was not very successful.

1692300565635.png
1692300604499.png

Looks cool. If I'm understanding the description, it looks like a universal handle, not an adjustable one that you can change mid-shave like an adjustable razor.

Yes. You can swap out different size knots, or a different hair/bristle of your preferred size. I suppose you could change mid-shave, but it would be a bit messy.

I'm a solid 24-26mm kinda guy so for me the abillity to change between boar, badger, and synthetic knots of that size is more intriguing than using different size knots.

Thanks Bryan!

With the variety of synthetic knots out there these days, I use the Timeless brush handle (TRBH) to determine which loose knots I want to invest in setting into a permanent handle and at what loft. I simulate the lofts using washers at the base. Here is a sample from today with a 24mm AP Shave Co Independent fan knot with a simulated 55mm loft (the washers are silicone).

IMG_20230817_113255196_HDR.jpg

I like shorter handles in general, but this feels good for its size and has helped me avoid a number of full brush purchases for knots that I just would not use very much.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Just got a promotional email from Timeless offering a free shaving bowl with the purchase of a Timeless Adjustable Brush. The brush can be used with the supplied rubber collets to accept any knot size from 20mm to 28mm inclusive, without adhesive, allowing the knot to be swapped out in seconds.

I'd ask if anyone has tried one, but it appears to be a new offering.

You can see it, along with pics and video here:

This is pretty neat. I have a few synthetic knots laying around I planned on using someday. My Omega Evo brush hit the tile and shattered the handle. I saved the knot and this would work for it as well. I believe it's a 28mm knot. Cool concept with practical applications. The lazy man's do-it-yourself brush, lol.

Last edited:
They at least give you a tube to keep all of the collets in.
View attachment 1704913
I currently have a knot installed, which is why the tube isn't full at the moment.
Hi there,

I'm interested in purchasing one of these handles, however, there is a really negative review on MaggardRazors though. It is as follows:

"Don't buy this product

I like the idea of this but, unfortunately, it doesn't work. I purchased this item along with two different size knots. If you mount and squeeze it hard the knot will stay in the handle for the duration of a shave but, usually post shave, after you shake it hard or try to wipe it with a towel knot pops out the handle. This happens with both of the knots I purchased. I tried smaller adapters (squeezing 28mm into 27mm) but it also doesn't work very well. This product costs $100. You are much better off buying dedicated handles and mounting them with silicone or other glue."

In your experience, is any of what this person says true?

Hi there,

I'm interested in purchasing one of these handles, however, there is a really negative review on MaggardRazors though. It is as follows:

"Don't buy this product

I like the idea of this but, unfortunately, it doesn't work. I purchased this item along with two different size knots. If you mount and squeeze it hard the knot will stay in the handle for the duration of a shave but, usually post shave, after you shake it hard or try to wipe it with a towel knot pops out the handle. This happens with both of the knots I purchased. I tried smaller adapters (squeezing 28mm into 27mm) but it also doesn't work very well. This product costs $100. You are much better off buying dedicated handles and mounting them with silicone or other glue."

In your experience, is any of what this person says true?
You ever read Amazon reviews? There's always that one person that says they followed the Mfg's directions to the T but its a faulty product and recommend no one buy the product!! 9 times out of 10 it was user error and they just didn't realize it or even care whether they did everything right. I highly doubt that Timeless would still have this product in thier lineup and still be selling it if it was defective... Popular, probably not much but they sure seem to have a bunch of positive reviews elsewhere though. Google is your friend...

Top Bottom