What's new

Muhle R41 vs Muhle R41 Twist

So I am looking into purchasing an R41. For those of you that have tried the standard R41 and also the R41, which do you like better? I like the convenience of the twist, but I don't want to sacrifice shaving quality for it.

I sold my regular r89 and r41 and ordered the twist models.
Hand feeling and that 2piecedesign for me are better in twist models than the regular ones

I only know the R89 with / without twist and can't see any differences in shaving. Just for convenience I'd go with the twist.

I don't have the twist, so I can't comment on balance etc...

I do have the regular R41 though, and to me it's never been an issue loading the blade in. The head is just short enough that you can maintain the blade in position when you mount it (not that you need to adjust it because the fit is perfect), but also it doesn't spoil the general asthetics of the razor, nor does it feel like you could cut yourself with the blunt sides of the blade.

In addition to the three piece model not being an issue with blade loading etc... I like 3 piece razor in general better because it's much easier to clean them thouroughly. I'm not anal or anything, but everyonce in a while I do like the clean my razors of its soap scum. The three pieces design makes it very easy. And the design of the half-teeth, if I may say, makes it really easy reaching through between each tooth.

Beyond cleaning and blade loading, I doubt you'll have an issue with a twist razor in your lifetime, Mühle makes high quality items, but I like to keep thing as simple as possible. Plus I'm not a handle swap fanatic, but if you're the kind of person who likes to experiment with different handles, you won't be happy with the twist razor. I you haven't thought of that yet, you'r probably not the kind, though.

I have them both and I love them both. The shave is the same - perfect. Best thing to do - buy them both from Amazon. Use them both and return the one you like less. But you may end up keeping them both.

The R41 Twist is heavier the regular three piece R41 razor and they both shave the same, each weight is completely different from two different razor model.

Top Bottom