What's new

Muhle is launching a LE R41 Stainless Steel

I have used and will still use the r 41 muhle a lot, I also own the DSC Z0 ....

In my opinion, the Z0 is more aggressive and less comfortable to use ... But it's a bit more effective .....

The DSC I have is even and simple, symmetrical in construction, not smiling, the geometry of the head seems to be very good ...

It probably depends on how you can buy it, because it can be different ..

Nice looking razor! I will probably pass as I use a SS Bulldog handle with mine already, and I couldn't justify forking over this much cash to basically just get the SS head.

My same feelings. I use the R41 head on a RR Barber Pole handle with great satisfaction. €130 for the SS head is a bit steep for my shallow pockets. Also 130 grams is a little too heavy for my tastes, I favor razor weights in the 70g-80g range and the zamak R41 + RR handle is already 103g.

Just saying... The weight of the R41 GS is 113g.

You are right... I don't know why 130 was a number impressed in my memory...
:facep:maybe I know... the price

price.png

Somebody please post a review as soon as you can, and agree if they put out a Stainless ‘89 I am jumping on that one for sure

Mail call!

I received my order way ahead of schedule. Kudos to Mühle Germany and DHL Germany for shipping my order within less than 20 hours...

DISCLAIMER: Attached are my unboxing pics taken with a mobile cam only. The razor has not been cleaned properly prior to taking the pictures so what you might see are some dust spots on the head... but the finish is flawless!

Initial impression:

Everything looks visually fine.

The razor appears to have an excellent balance in terms of the head weight and handle weight. It feels sturdy but not bulky. Imho the look and feel is a clear improvement in comparision to the regular R41 Grande/Twist.

I am a bit disappointed regarding the razor's box. I had expected to see a non standard box (as Mühle did with the Rocca) but the razor arrived in Mühle's standard card box. I mean, we are talking about Mühle's flagship razor...

However, what I found in the box looks very promising to my eyes. The blade gets clamped down absolutely fine without any remaining gap. There is no noticeable "blade smile".

The debut shave will take place later today.

20210320_113616.jpg
20210320_113648.jpg
20210320_113725.jpg
20210320_113757.jpg
20210320_113855.jpg
20210320_113928.jpg

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the teeth still don't support the blade and there's no support on the sides.
I'm hopping this CNC version has better blade clamping but I'm still disappointed.

Top Bottom